<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, October 22, 2007

Trying to catch up....
Oh wow..didnt think I would be away this long…but omo things dey happen o! Days turned into weeks and then months…..ok Imma try to come with it.

What going on with QB..errybody trying to know. I got a call the other day from one of my friends dad wanting to know why I having been blogging…Buhahaha..absolutely Hilary …I don’t know pops…errrhh…..maybe it got boring? Besides there are loads of interesting blogs out their now…its almost like the music industry…your track is hot until the next one! But na..its never been for the audience really, its been about free therapy!

Update! Errything is kosher, I am temping at some insurance firm as an admin, I have been doing that since June. I sooooo hate it! The other day this old fart asked me to make reservations for his lunch meeting at some restaurant…I was in a foul mood so I made him reservation for the one in DC…buhahahaha..Oloshi..next time call ya damn self!

Then my boss lady asks me to go get lunch everyday! According to my agency I should politely tell her to kiss my ass, but I like the lady sha, plus…I am greatful to even be employeed so I eat humble pie everyday and handle my business. Oh and the asswipe that asked my for reservations walks up to me and say "you know, you dress really professional and look nice everyday…its amazing we don’t see that much in this role and I know we don’t pay you that much" I guess that was a compliment….in fact…were ni baba e! I couldn’t even respond to that…I just gave him a smile of contempt and kept typing. I am bored out of my mind so I decided to give this blog business a second chance.

I had a birthday…August 30 baby…omo I was mad depressed, switched off my phone and slept all day…apparently Dayo and his wife didn’t get the memo..they came by to drag me to dinner at Ruth’s Chris, it was aii, but omo for that price I woulda made obe buka for 300 folks and still had money for drinks!
This chic I went to school with lives in my complex, since the day we discovered, it has been a chemical romance…I mean now I don’t have to run to Food Lion when I run out of salt, maggi or tampon! I just call OG up and wahla….its going to be short lived sha..omoge is getting married and moving again soon!

So I chopped off all my hair again o! Yes boredom! I like it sha, except now I get a relaxer every 3 weeks, due to my nappy roots.

Dont know if i mentioned my ace Dupe left town for Jand! I miss you snookums!

Wunmi Finally left...I guess we'll see her again next year when she comes back to drop it like its hot!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator