<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, October 15, 2007

PS I love you!
These oyinbo people know what they are talking about mehn! Fa real! I was chatting with my Big Sis whining about how so damn affectionate Omolayo is and how she says I love you every five minutes! Not only that o, she will call me five minutes after I leave home and say some shit like I miss you! Da hell? Everyone that knows me knows I don't do hugs and kisses, as a matter of fact when I see one of my dawgs or someone I care about I will say Assole, you no fit call? Abi were ni e ni…..?that translates to… Hey! How are you? I've missed you! I also have this thing about personal space…don't be all in my face! Maintain a 3 feet circumference distance at all times. Unless you are my man..you do not need to be that close to me!

So I was complaining, and she told me to enjoy it because her 10 year old is at an age where he does not even acknowledge her…I don't think I would mind that at all! Do you and I do me!
So…. Omolayo just sent me another 'I love you' text…. "erhhh, Sweetie, I love you too but we don't have to say it all the time…it gets old, lets save it for Birthdays and Christmas!"

My sister she says this goes back to our childhood, apparently there was not enough hugs and kisses growing up, so that's why it's weird now, plus I don't remember any "I love you" being exchanged in our micky flick. I dont doubt our parents loved us but they sure never said it. I guess it's a vicious cycle because the thought of my paternal grandma saying 'I love you' is somewhat comical…AS IF!

Me I sha don't remember all that I love you crap sha, I am constantly kicking Molayo out of my room but I remember as a kid I was forced to be amongst people because I always preferred to fly solo, these days sending Molayo to her room is punishment!

So anyway, I am trying sha…I was told if I don't give her enough affection she might turn into needy bugaboo or worse…na…..cant have that either. I swear parenting is hard! Just when you get the gist of it, there are new rules and guideless, Dos and Donts all kinds of crap just come up!
May God help me o!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator