<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Thursday, October 11, 2007

MIA
Okay so I have been gone a while, I not sure why really, I guess I just got bored with it (blogging that is) There seems to be so much going now that there is never really anytime to blog.
So lets see what has been going on with QB…omo dem plenty o! I don't even know where to start. I guess midlife crisis is supposed to happen at about 40 abi? Well my shit came early! I got laid off back in June, well May really but I was on payroll until June. I took about a week off to process my next move then I was called for a temp assignment were I had to smile all day like a damn idiot and act like I really wanted to be there (I didn't) I guess I wasn't too convincing because after 1 ½ months my assignment ended. Just when it was time for me to sulk again, I got an a couple offers…damn I am blessed! Ok well this time I will try not to complain and count my blessings. I really have nothing to complain about because it's a great opportunity to do what I do best! Thank you Jesus!

There have been a few trips to MD about 3 and then one to Tennessee, but I think I mentioned that one already..abi? There was a baby shower for Wunmi..she's dropping any minute now!

Ok soo I have gained quite a bit of weight as in officially the double digits! I should not have made fun of fat people! I take it back o! Damn lift this curse!!! I swear I am a size 10 now and a Large! It scares the shit out of me because nothing fits! What's worse…I can't shop in the juniors department if I get any bigger! LP says she will work with me at the gym…so I have started eating in moderation and taking walks around my way.


E told me to try this new red bull diet but omo..that shit is expensive! Plus folks be coming overt my house drinking red bull like its Shasta! Omo..iro o…I no fit! Besides that shit makes me more hyper than I care to be…I get all wired up and stay up all kinds of crazy hours…na blad..not having it. Eat right and exercise that's what I'll do. If I can just be a size 8 again Lord I promise to be a good girl and limit cooking obe buka to once a month!



Congratulations Thelma!!! My girl is officially a married woman! I can wait for the owambe girl! My Shoe and bag has been polished …no time for games! And my girl Elisa..Oooooohh Weeee! I can't wait for D-Day to come, just pray for me o that I loose this weight or imma have to step down from the bridal train…yall lepas not going to have me looking crazy! Congrats yall! I wish you Joy, peace and love, may your union be blessed and These oyinbo people know what they are talking about mehn! Fa real! I was chatting with my Big Sis whining about how so damn affectionate Omolayo is and how she says I love you every five minutes! Not only that o, she will call me five minutes after I leave home and say some shit like I miss you! Da hell? Everyone that knows me knows I don't do hugs and kisses, as a matter of fact when I see one of my dawgs or someone I care about I will say "Assole, you no fit call? Abi were ni e ni?"....that translates to… "Hey! How are you? I've missed you!" I also have this thing about personal space…don't be all in my face! Maintain a 3 feet circumference distance at all times. Unless you are my man..you do not need to be that close to me!


E told me to try this new red bull diet but omo..that shit is expensive! Plus folks be coming over to my house drinking red bull like its Shasta! Omo..iro o…I no fit! Besides that shit makes me more hyper than I care to be…I get all wired up and stay up all kinds of crazy hours…na blad..not having it. Eat right and exercise that's what I'll do. If I can just be a size 8 again Lord I promise to be a good girl and limit cooking obe buka to once a month!

Congratulations Thelma!!! My girl is officially a married woman! I can wait for the owambe girl! My Shoe and bag has been polished …no time for games! And my girl Elisa..Oooooohh Weeee! I can't wait for D-Day to come, just pray for me o that I loose this weight or imma have to step down from the bridal train…yall lepas not going to have me looking crazy! Congrats yall! I wish you Joy, peace and love, may your union be blessed!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator