<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Where you at?
Damn it’s been a minute! Lets see here...Alot has been happening mehn!! I haven’t had the time nor the will to blog. I have moved residences...AGAIN! I know its retarded moving every year but hey...can’t help it! I finally moved the last of my things last night..omo this na real stress o! So let me gist you small...I contacted this company that provides labor for my move...for some $15 per hour but for some reason when it was time for me to move the office was closed. So I am driving down the street and I see this Kokoye (is that derogatory?) I asked him if he wanted to help me move and he said yeah so I put him in my car, then he leads me down some alley to get a couple more. This one dude was reeking of alcohol like he showered with it so I asked him to bounce, he threw a hissy fit and insisted on bus fare back to his spot, I gave him $2 in change cause that was all the cash I had and he finally gets down. He threw the money at me and whipped out his uncircumcised penis! da hell! When I got back to my crib everyone was rolling and the called me an idiot for going alone and for being a cheap ass...not my fault jare...the whole of Raleigh was sick of me moving and I really couldn’t afford proper movers considering I lost my job about a month ago! Yes o! BTW.... Since some Nosey mofo was so pressed to hear gist he called my former employer digging for information, I will fill you in (all you had to do was ask...Amebo Oshi!!) Anywho.... My company was downsizing, I saw it coming because there were a lot of closed doors and unexpected visit from the head honchos, what I did not know was how soon! So I got the axe, so did 7 other folks in my office. I should have been sad but I was perfectly calm and took it extremely well, my boss joked that he thought we might need security after they told me the news. I was technically employed through the month of May but he told me I did not have to come in, plus I would receive severance and shit! So that is how I lost my, have your own office, show up at 11am, leave at 5 and earn the same amount as the infamous master degree holder job! Who knew!
Reality that my severance period was fast approaching drove me back into job search...and I am officially newly employed...do you still doubt that I am highly favored? To God be the glory!
so at this new gig, I have to be in but 7:45 and smile like I won the lottery all damn day long, I swear my jaw is hurting from the stupid grin I have been sporting. I am not naturally a smiley person, infact I frown sef, its not intentional but that is my face dammit! So now I have to make a conscious effort to smile and be pleasant from 745 till 5, God help those that have to deal with me after hours! Buhahahaha

What was I saying sef? Ok so I moved. I have a bunch of pictures to put up! Birthday shout outs to send! Announcements to make ETC
Let me start with the birthdays! My baby girl LP, My best Pig Remi, Bayo my little brother, Bode, Tolu Peter and Paul...and anyone else I may have forgotten.
How about we planned a little birthday party for Remi, we were all going to hide in her crib and surprise her but everyone was late getting there except Ade! We had a blast anyway...I have to orgarnize my pictures

A big shout out to my baby sister Oyin on her graduation from high school! I am sooo proud of you sorry I could not come out to share your special day but I am sure big sis and mumsy represented to the utmost! Good luck as you move on to bigger and better things, just don’t do PHD like Sister Nikky (that shit make you crazy!!!)



I don’t know what is going on o but I have gained a lot of weight! As in a lot! I can even front like I am a medium anymore! I am not doing anything different, I think my metabolism is slowing down.... after all I am nearing the big 30!

Anyway, That all for now, I will be back with more gists, like my drunken episode last Saturday..God help me! I don’t understand why I even drink alcohol sef, I hate the taste and smell plus I have a low tolerance! I don’t apologize often but when I do its sincere so to all the folks I abused verbally and physically on Saturday…my bad!
I got an email today that’s got me all excited but for the first time I am keeping on the DL…stay tuned sha cause you know my ass can’t keep a secret!
Aii folks…gotta run now, I need to go arrange my shoes!

Thanks Ade for bring it to my attention!
How can I forget Debs boy! Happy birthday boo boo...I swear if you were not Remi's little brother I would sooo do you! This Mofo is the funniest person I have ever met, you should sooo do stand up!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator