<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, June 25, 2007

Tennessee!
Howdy Blogville! I am not sure what possessed me but I followed my friends to Tennessee this past weekend! I knew we would have fun but I never anticipated the scary ass ride down there! It was totally my idea to take off 3am; I figured we’d get there around 10am and have plenty time to relax before the wedding. Oh yeah…it was a wedding Jean’s brother was getting married (Jean, Remi and I all went to high school together). Anywho I crashed at Ade’s because she was closest to our meeting venue. She woke me up at 230 and we were out. I left my phone at Ade’s so we went back there to get it. We finally start our trip but not before I gassed up on some coffee as I was driving the first leg of the trip. It wasn’t bad at all at least not until four hours later and we entered the mountains! Good Lawd! It was some kind of scary! Rocks everywhere!! And to make matters worse, 18 wheeler trucks were speeding by me like they were going to hit me! I started freaking out and Remi took over the driving! Phew! I didn’t sleep sha o! I was in awe of the view and I whipped out my camera to take pictures. We finally arrived at our hotel and I went in to check in, the lady at the counter made an error in checking me in and she started cursing and I stared at her shocked…..as in are you serious right now? Remi came in to see what was taking so long and I told her what happened, she picked up the complaint forms and started filling it out. The lady apologized profusely and redeemed herself by upgrading us to a bigger room with 3 double beds! I really need to take notes on how to handle such situations, I was ready to curse the lady out, I told her cursing at your customers was unprofessional and I will need to speak with her manager. We felt sorry for the poor lady and she couldn’t stop apologizing, she asked Remi not to file a complaint.





We were all starving so we went to the restaurant at the hotel to get some food. We sat there for about 2 hours gisting and carrying on looking all kinds of crazy! The food was da bomb! The service…even better. After we were stuffed we decided to check out the mall! We stopped at this boutique were they had really nice things at affordable prices, we all went bananas and started shopping, then we headed to Belk were they were having an amazing shoe sale, we did some more shopping then headed back to the hotel to get ready. We took turns bathing and we dressed quickly! I have gained ridiculous weight since the last time I wore this dress and my boobies just wouldn’t stay in place! Note to self (Stop eating so damn much!) Remi tied all our gele’s and I did everyone’s make-up!






We got to the reception right on time and settled in our seats, they had little snacks on each table to nibble on. Bunmi, another Apata alumni, was the hostess and she did a good job getting everyone’s attention. There was a variety of really good food on the menu, I took a little of everything and stuffed myself once again…..now I need a nap! I told everyone I was going to take a nap in the car and I was gone for the rest of the party! I was so tired, I reclined the seat in our car and dosed off! Funmi came at about 11pm to tell me the party was over. I followed her back in and we all chatted with Jean and Bunmi for another hour then headed back to our hotel. There were lot of great party favors, we all got an extra gele for buying gele ebi and Remi got Ankara for buying aso ebi. I racked up on Tupperware and we were each given a plate of food to go! We headed back to the hotel and went to sleep.
I slept through most of the drive home, Dupe and Ade did the driving and we got back to NC at about 430pm.







More pictures later



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator