<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Friday, June 15, 2007

LOVERS MAKE ME SICK!
There is this lady in my office whose husband comes by to see her everyday! Brings her lunch then swings by to pick her up after work! Mind you they both ride scooters to work o! So its not like he need to give her a ride! Is that cute or what! I am sitting there observing them from the window, he backs her laptop and secures her safely on her scooter then he gets on his and they ride home. She is a short, full figured, Asian woman…cute as a button with demure character and I swear he is a Brad Pitt’s clone!! I soooo want to take their picture so you see what I mean, but its way too early to get fired!

The other day he comes in and she tells him she has to work late, he looked really disappointed like the best part of his day was his ride home with his wife...then he promised to ride back to pick her up in a couple hours…AWWW!!!

He is always very friendly and addresses me by my first name, I like it when people do that its so personal that is the opposite of impersonal abi? Anyhow as I drove home yesterday they were both riding right behind me and I swear I almost bashed my car watching them from my side mirrors. At each traffic light he would ask her if she was alright and she would nod alright. My 8 minutes drive home was so mushy I felt like I had just seen ‘The Notebook’ a second time!
Out of curiosity I asked them how long they’ve been married and he answers “8 years!” Alleluia romance still lives!!!

I have never seen Nigerian men display that kind of affection towards their women…And why the hell not?!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator