<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Thursday, June 28, 2007

KIDS SAY THE DARNEST THINGS
I am a major fan of Crocs, you know the shoes that look like a crocodile? They are extremely comfortable and convenient. So I ran into a pair a few months ago and I bought them and they have been my knock about ever since.
So I was out shopping again and I saw a pair for Omolayo, she is my biggest fan so she likes for us to dress alike or do the same hairstyle (don’t ask me why) Anyway I got home and I was sure she would be beside herself that I had gotten her a pair of Crocs like mine. She looked at me and said thanks but I did not see any excitement or joy on her face it was more like a WTF look! So I asked her if she didn’t like her crocs and she goes “Mummy these are not Crocs!” da hell? Whadaya mean? I told her that that’s what they are called and I even have a pair! “Newsflash mummy…..yours are not Crocs either!” I had a blank confused look on my face and she seemed hesitant to finish “Mummy your shoes are fake! Crocs have Alligator on the side…these don’t…they are fake!”
“Egbami! You smoke gbana? Who told you that?!”, “Everybody wears them in school mummy but they have Alligators on it, I’ll wear them but they are not Crocs! Thank you anyway!” And she walked away leaving me dumbfounded Wunmi and I exchanged looks like what the hell just happened? How do kids know these things? Molayo is not even into clothes at all, she is indifferent about shopping, she’d rather have a Barbie anyday so this was a shock to me. I guess mine are Crooks…LOL



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator