<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, May 14, 2007

MCDENTIST
I finally got my wisdom tooth pulled the other day! The shit was bothering me and my dentist said it would cost $450 per tooth and I need to pull all four! Abi were ni wan ni? Where some folks are looking for spare teeth, I should just yank 4 commot? Oh hell…. Okay! The pain became unbearable so I called around and found a dentist that would do it for me on quick notice…Dental ER if you will. Ndidi offered to go with me and I took her up on it, Lord knows my whining ass will cry like a baby so I could definitely use support! I filled out endless paperwork and waited patiently for my turn to go under.

In comes this Island bloke! God must have made him on a Sunday Wahlai! Dark glowing skin, perfectly manicured fingers and the perfect set of 32s I have ever laid eyes on. Ndidi and I exchanges silent looks that spoke volumes! Good Gawd! This hot piece of man candy can help himself to my mouth anytime! He spoke in a deep voice with a sexy Caribbean accent; his scrubs were cut so you can see he works out….alot!!!! We giggled like little girls and he was all business….and Intelligent too…it’s a wrap! For a minute I felt like one of the chicks on Greys Anatomy and OMO McDreamy has nothing on McDentist!!!

It took about 10 minutes for the extraction and McDentist gave me a list of DO DO’s for the next 24 hours;
  1. Don’t talk
  2. Don’t eat
  3. Don’t smoke
  4. Don’t Gargle
  5. Don’t use straw
  6. Don’t take gauze out the rest of the day

I quickly fell out of lust with McDentist as in…. you wan kill me? 1, 2 and 3 were totally unreasonable!!! We stepped out of the building and I lit my boros! After all that omo, I think I’ll have another sef! I was sooooo hungry so Ndidi and I went to Cheesecake factory for lunch, I ordered macaroni and cheese, clam chowder soup, mashed potatoes and grilled salmon with Iced tea, I was feeling pretty good, she looked at me in amazement but I assured her, I had high pain tolerance! I went to the bathroom and removed the gauze and rinsed my mouth, then I returned to the table and ate a little of everything I ordered, plus I drank out of a straw!

I was pretty proud of my defiant ass so we decided to walk through the mall… that is…. until the anesthesia wore off! Good Gawd!!!! It was like stabbing a wound continuously! I had an instant fever and my head felt like it was about to explode! I could barely walk! Instead of driving to the Pharmacy to fill my prescription, I was feeling like QB almighty! I was on the verge of tears when we pulled up to the pharmacy, I could barely see. Every sound I heard went straight to my head. Finally I got my drugs…God bless Percocet! I swallowed two pills to calm my ass down I replaced my gauze and followed doctors order the rest of the day! One down and 3 more to go!




The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator