<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Last night at the movies....
Yesterday after work I figured I would meet the rest of my peeps at the Banjizzy’s, Daddy Banjizzy was in our hood and we all went to say hello. We all left around 7 PM, I picked up LP because we were about the only to MOFOs on the planet that hadn’t seen 300…not sure I was going to like it, it had that gladiator vibe and I am a chick flick diva for life…but I decided to check it out! Princess O and Dami passed on the movie so it was just First Born and I. We stopped by our Monday Joint and ordered some wing and french-fries…Our bags were huge so we could smuggle this shit in hassle free! Totally my idea! But hey 25cents wings beats pop corn any day!
As we stood in line there was a couple in front of us and when they got to the attendant the following transpired.

Girl: I am really glad you asked me out

Dude: yeah me too…after this we could get some drinks


Girl: Cool….that sounds great.

Dude: Two tickets for 300 please

Attendant: That will be $14 even

Dude: (hands her his Credit card) here you go

Attendant: I am sorry sir your card has been declined

Dude: (Turns to girl) you got any money?


Girl: (TURNS BEET RED) uhhh … yeah! (Pays in cash)

Girl: This is so embarrassing….. I am telling everyone I know

Dude: I am sorry…this never happens!

LP and I looked at each other in horror! Yepa!!! No he dirent! That MOFO knew damn well he aint have no money and brought this babe to the movies, it was so obvious because he did not even flinch when they told him his card declined! Omo…that is bad!!!!

Reminds me of this time I went to lunch with Funmi, when I went to pay for my food..the card declined...I nearly had a stroke because i had inhaled the entire meal like it was finna expire.....thank God funmi was there...Omo...thats really bad!!! But I digress......

Anyway, we sha settled in our seat and brought out our wings and fries and ate happily as we watched the movie. My take on 300…a definite MUST SEE!!!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator