<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Sade!!!
Meanwhilly, this weekend was Sade’s birthday, plus Debs Boi was in town so we decided to hang out with him…Omo, tell me why everyone showed up except for Debisi! It was peaches all the same!!! Omo, we had a BLAST!!!! Apparently there was a guest list and by the time I tried to add my name to the list it had closed. I told them my name was Funmi and then I peeped Dayo and Bayo’s name on the list so my babies LP and DB were Dayo and Bayo for the evening; I knew D1 was out of town but if Bayo showed up…UNLUCKY BOSS! Buhahaha!!! I looked up some random name for Ade as well and it was sooo on!
On Saturday, I slept in late, I was so tired from the night before, I made a list of my to-dos for the weekend and decided it was time to get up! I stared at the pile of laundry that has taken permanent residence on my sofa and rolled my eyes “tomorrow after church for shizzle” I lied to myself. My Princess was glued to her TV and I decided to make pancakes and Eggs…never mind the fact that its 2pm! Negaratis threatened to keep me in bed but I shook it off and drove Princess o to the braid gallery, her hair was a hot mess and I really did not feel like doing it, I stopped at the beauty supply to get some weave for Ade, I had this idea for a hot do and I was going to experiment with her! Ade wasn’t very pleased with the results but I thought the hair had potential. I am really rocking these braids o! 6 weeks and counting…omo they are turning into dreds!
Before I knew it is 8pm and Sade’s dinner was at 7pm…Omo, I had not even showered!!! I struggled to find something sensible to wear and I settled for my halter neck top and my skinny jeans…that should do it….I went with my standard green jewelry…I so need an new favorite color! I topped it off with my green leather belt and black Suede wedges…..Damn I look fly! If only I had a pair of green patent leather wedges…Good gawd!



The pair I have been eye-ing will most likely remain in my dreams!!! It took me another 20 minutes to glam up my face and I was outhie bouthie. I really should try to be on time for sturvs…its getting kinda lame that I am always late!!!
I finally arrived at my destination and the food was peaches!!! I ordered ribs and a midori sour and we were dancing to old skool music! Everybody came out to show Sade some love. It was an absolute blast!

sade's b day


I gave BB my car to take home because she wanted to leave early and I caught a ride home with Dami.
Please tell me why some random oyinbo man was following us in his truck! He followed us home so Dami drove past my house and we led him to dupe's house instead, he followed us there too! When we realized he wasn't backing off we started speeding and we lost him at a traffic light! That was some scurry sturvs!!!
By the time I got home, I was hungry again! I made some noodles with Boiled egg and ate in bed while I caught up with I love New York reruns!

On Sunday Princess O was up at 7am, bathed, dressed and ready to go! I don't know who she gets it from...its not me sha o! We got to church at about 11:30. BB decided to ride with me to church so I let her drive...big mistake! This heifer was going 80 miles per hour in a 65 zone...with mu Kia! Oh hell na....I was hysterical, she ignored me and kept a straight face...omo...I am never letting her drive my hooptie again! Service was very interesting...Oh yeah...Happy Easter yall! After service we headed out to Pastor O crib and had lunch and an early dinner.
Finally made it home at about 6pm and crashed!
Overall.....a very awesome weekend!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator