<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Tuesday, April 03, 2007

ATL Baby!!!!
I left work at about 3:30pm Friday cause I heard Debs-boi was in town form Jand, I headed to Remi’s crib and hung out till about 5:30pm. I am doing ATL this weekend with my make believe family for our yearly vacation, Dami-B could not make it and I decided not to take Princess O. ATL was the bombdigidy as in I am seriously considering moving there, but I would hate to leave all my Raleigh fans! HEHEHE, we got in late on Friday and drove to some joint, I drove the whole way so I was a bit too tired to mingle, and we all agreed that we really needed sleep. We checked into our rooms and were knocked out within the hour!
ATL

On Saturday, we got up to eat breakfast and met up with the other 29 folks that were in town for Lolade’s party. We decided we wanted to see the attractions in ATL and we were outhie bouthie. At about 2 pm we headed to the Georgia Aquarium. It was worth the $24 we dished at the gate, I felt like I was 6 years old, jumping up and down excited beyond my mind at the wonderful things I was seeing. I climbed into a hole with LP and Toyosi and we were face to face with the penguins! LP Dayo and Bayo all touched the star fish but Omo…I am not the one o! I really wish I brought Princess O, she would have peed her pants at the sight of the spider crab! We saw all kinds of different animals and I wondered how Noah got all these things in the Ark! We walked downtown to see a live concert. By the time it was all over, we were hungry as hell. Everyone wanted naija food so I called Moriam to organize grub! She said it would take an hour and these folks were ready to start eating each other so we settled for mama put! Omo, I have got to open a restaurant in Raleigh mehn!!! We don’t have any …not even one! The restaurant was noice, food was excellent, and service was warm and friendly. 2 pounded yam and egusi soup later we headed back to the hotel. We decided to nap for a bit before the party tonight.

For some reason, I left my Nair at home and the top I was planning on wearing to party was sleeveless! What will I do now? I looked through Bayo’s bathroom bag and then Dayo’s and I found some shaving sturvs! Hell yeah I though and I scooped the foul smelling lotion on my pits. I sat for a few minutes as instructed and then I hopped in the shower; I used a washcloth to swipe it clean and wahla! Hair be gone! After my shower, I looked for some sort of antiseptic to prevent bumps and I saw one in the same bag. I screamed like I had seen a ghost because the shit burned the hell out of me! LP came to my aid and laughed like any of this was funny! I could not put my arms down! She gave me some ointment to soothe my pits! Chineke Moi Moi!
So I was feeling like quite the artist as the young ladies lined up for me to do their make up, this one girl asked me if I do it for a living….....funny!

I have never felt so old in my life, surrounded by nothing but hot babes under 22, I tried to drag Dayo in my mood but he was too busy having a blast. These young bloods were popping campaign bottles and spending money like it had expiration date! One of them brought me a glass and I toasted to the good life. I watched as some chicks drank themselves to stupor and started falling out and reminisced about the days when getting drunk was cool ( at 28 its sooo not). Some cutie pie was chatting me up and I was feeling really bunz with myself blushing like hell when he guessed my age to be 23! Chill off now! I told him I was 29 and a mother to a 7 year old and he did not believe me….buhahahaha trying to make QB heads explode up in this murasucker! He was cute as a button but about 7 years too late!
Moriam came by to meet me there and we chilled till the lights came on! Thank God, I thought we’d never leave! I walked Moriam and her friends back to their car and she gave me a bowl of rice and designer stew…IZTEWMUSH!!! We butchered the food when we go back to the hotel and slept from the nigaritis that followed. I learned a new slang on this trip…outhie bouthie and Chill off courtesy Toyosi aka FYNE GAL from jand!.
Lolade and Toyosi came to wake us up for breakfast Sunday morning, but there was no way in hell I could get up and the thought of breakfast food made me sick so we passed. We finally got up at about 11am and I called the lobby to extend our check out time to 2pm. It was pouring hard outside but I managed to load the car up with our entire luggage. We said our goodbyes and headed back to Raleigh, LP was the designated driver so I slept the whole way back. We dropped Dayo and Bayo off and went to the Olopade’s house to steal meat because LP was still craving the egusi and I wanted to prove that mine would be just as bunz. I dropped LP off at some NCSU event and picked up Molayo from the Banjizzy’s. Dami and LP came over and we watched 6 degrees, new season yall and it’s hot!
It was a great weekend no doubt



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator