<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, April 09, 2007

As one door closes.....
OK so, I haven't said anything about my mystery lover in a bit, I guess I was hoping that we'd kiss and make-up and I wouldn't have to bore the world with the sordid details of our break-up....well looks like its really over so I am officially single again! I did not throw any pity parties, there will be no male bashing, no negativity, no angry woman syndrome! I am very OK!
It was amazing while it lasted and I guess from past experience, I know its gonna be aiit!
I am not taking back what I said either about 'when you find someone worthy of you, someone who God made just for you, the bone of your bone and flesh of your flesh, you will be glad it took so damn long and glad you were patient enough to wait'..... I still feel that way. I especially feel like..... 'no matter how pained you are or how much your heart feels like its going to bust wide open....you get over it!'. So its probably with this new knowledge that no one was able to tell anything was amiss! Phew there it is...wide open. I tried to keep the whole relationship on the DL but I was sooo happy, I couldn't help myself...Don't get it twisted, I am still happy now but I was happier sha! I got teased alot about the circumstances surrounding our relationship, it was almost too fairytalish to be true, but I have since discovered, I am not the most patient Mofo, Understanding...very, patient...naaa blad! I have also learned that when you have great expectations....you are very likely to get your feelings hurt. So expect nothing and each good thing will be a pleasant surprise! I'll have you know, i got to my office this morning at 9:30am!!! I can soooo do anything I put my mind to!!! OK, I am off the catch the sale at off fifth...therapy baby!!!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator