<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend
Mehn….I am exhausted from this weekend boi! I mean damn! We had an absolute blast! Raras everywhere. Princess O was with Remi all day because she wasn’t feeling so hot and I had taken Thursday off to be with her. I took her to the mall then to cheesecake factory and ordered all sorts but she just wouldn’t eat, instead she spent hours in the toilet. Remi called me to yell at me because I was giving Princess O adult drugs…I figured they worked better…abi? It was also Funmi’s birthday dinner so we did Winston’s, the food was great and the company even better. I got there late as usual but just in time for the grubs. After dinner Dupe and I met up with some of our Oyinbo friends and then later with Funmi and her birthday crew at some joint, where we stood in line for like 30 minutes! Omo I can’t remember the last time I did that shit! I was more than pissed! For why now? After a few strings were pulled we hopped the line and finally made it in. It was aii…they played go go music and got me all worked up.

Funmi's birthday_1


I slept in most of Saturday, I had lots of errands to run before going to the Awani’s, it was such a nice day, I could not stay indoors. By the time I got home, I was tired as hell but I had to get ready for the naming ceremony. It was so much fun, we hung out till about 11pm. I have lots of pictures but notice how there is just a couple pictures of the celebrants? Well that was not my fault; my camera is still out of commission so D1 took all the pictures.

Alero's Naming Ceremony


On Sunday after church we had a singles meeting but I was so tired I skipped the meeting and chilled at Dupe’s house, I was craving Jamaican food so I ordered some curry chicken and had it delivered. After inhaling the curry chicken, I slept off. LP came by later to remind me we were supposed to have Dinner with the Olopade’s. We all hopped in the car and headed to their crib. We hung out with them till about 11pm and headed home, Oyinade spent the night. I am super exhausted…the pictures speaks for themselves.



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator