<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Friday, March 02, 2007

TGIF!!!!
Omo I soooo can't believe its March already! Da hell? Its Friday! Lord I thought this week would never end!!! How is your Friday? I have been working hard today boi...trying to catch up on my slacking all week!

Been feeling sort of poetic ever since LP challenged me to a spoken word duel...omo its soooo on! there is nothing I love more than a little competition!!!
I finished this peom Ive been working on for a hot minute now...tell me what yall think, I kinda rushed it so it may not be there yet.



Dear Lord

Dear Lord if I give all my love away can I have a refill?
Over and over so I never run out?
If I was a tree could I be the tallest one?
Would I withstand the hurricane? Will the tornado retain my leaves?
If I was a star could I be the brightest one?
If I was the sea would I be a friendly one? Would my tides be kind? And my waves make way for boats and ships? Will the creatures within me sustain life?
Will my love be more than just a fantasy?
And my dreams more like reality? manifesting in your perfect ways? With perfect grace?

Dear Lord if I lend someone my heart can I get a new one?
One thats even bigger than the first?
If I could be a time can I be the 6am? That was the time my love was born, the time my child was born the time I was born?
If I can be a day can I be Sunday, your day of rest, the day you rose again?
Will all my hopes be attainable?
Will you keep me safe from harm?
If I could have my way could it be your way... In truth and with gladness in my heart?
If I could sing a song would it be a new song? Would it be a song of joy and of hope? Would it heal sick and cure the lame?

Dear Lord if I put all my trust in you will it be enough?
Will you have my back when the going gets tough?
If I speak unkind words will you please forgive me?
If I make a mistake can you please erase them? Allow me a do over until I get it right?

And even then would you allow one more chance?
Will you teach me to be a better mum?
A better child?
A better person?
If I don’t say thank you would you still know I was grateful?
If I ever have doubt will you strengthen my faith? If it were smaller than a mustard seed would it suffice?

Dear Lord if I give all my love away can I have a refill?


A big shout out to one of my best friends from back in the day, Simmy Osude, we sort of grown apart in our adult years but I still love you! happy birthday Miha!!! February 28th
A big shout of to Seun AKA Iyawo Pastor AKA Mama Twins! Thanks again Miha...I am stoked about my gift card...muah!

Yall have a fabulous weekend and remember God loves you and so does QB!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator