<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Friday, March 30, 2007

My toaster radar has died!!!
A couple weeks ago, while getting my daily dose of caffine, one of my managers complimented me on my outfit, I said thank you and thought nothing of it then I got this random email from him asking me if I had use AOL messenger in the office because he would like to chat with me. I told him, I don’t use AOL but I use both Yahoo and MSN messenger. I thought it was rather random considering;

a) We are not allowed to use messenger at work
b) There is always outlook
c) We are in two different departments
d) His office is right in front of mine

He said he also uses yahoo and a few minutes later, his login pops up on my screen saying “hi there” I wasn’t sure how to respond so I typed “Cool’ Jesu Kristi! Egba mi o! I freaked and thought about all possible reasons why he would want to IM me? For why now? Never mind the fact that he looks like a white Will Smith, all buff and military and shit, this man is married! With like 5 kids!!! Is he hitting on me? Am I overreacting? ‘calm down’ I kept telling myself! I always read and hear about office situation with managers but it has never happened to me. Knowing my crazy ass, I would prolly call him out and get my ass fired! I called Remi and told her about it and she told me to wait it out and politely decline any indecent proposal! I had my own idea, I will avoid him COMPLETELY!!!

I started signing in my yahoo as invisible and dodging him at all cost, avoiding eye contact at meetings…basically I became weirder!

He never said much since then and we went about business as usual. Then today, I saw him all packed up and leaving his office at about noon, he came to say goodbye and told me that I’ve got great potential so I should keep it up!

Omobolanle!!!! Phew!! Ashe the man was planning on leaving the company ni and wanted to keep in touch! Here I am on another planet scared out of my mind that he was trying to holler! Buhahahaha My name is Bola and I am truly ashamed of myself!

It’s not my fault sha, E has convinced me that men always have ulterior motives with every woman they interact with and it’s never innocent and that at some point they have pictured being involved with them sexually, they don’t necessarily act on it but the thought has crossed their mind! Not sure how true that is but he definitely put the doubt in my head!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator