<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Arrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I swear I am going to spray paint the whole of my complex with profanity, which should make me feel better about dishing out $350 for towing my damn car! So last night, Dupe invited Princess O and I for dinner, she made some pasta and I really did not feel like cooking so why not…..right? Well I ended up staying at her crib till 1 am. There was no parking at all by the time we got home, as in nada, zilch, zero and Princess O was knocked out, the only empty spot was a handicapped space right in front of my building. I figured the Mofo would see that there was no other available space and let me be.
How about my happy ass got up to go to work this morning to find that my hooptie had been towed! I was soooo pissed I marched to the rental office in my heels and had a couple words with them, when that didn’t help, I called the towing company. You smoke La La abi? what happend to hundy for towing? Well I get the standard hundy and $250 for parking in the handicapped spot...is that even legal? Mind you there are no handicapped folks in my building o! the spot is always empty...I think these MOFOS are out to get me! Oloshi ni gbogo Preiss company! The asswipes told me that I needed to pay $350 to get my car back…abi Oloshi ni yin ni? I freaking live here! Where is the law that says I am entitled to a parking space and I should not have to hike 4 blocks in the middle of the night to get one? Perhaps if their greedy asses were not so damn overpopulated, rent paying folks like me would have a spot to park! After screaming and yelling for about 10 minutes, I started to cry, you know the kind of crying that comes with being angry as hell. Arrrggghhhh I am too hot right now!
Okay so LP and DB picked me up and drove me to work, I will deal with the car mess later, it was already freaking 12 noon and my day had not started.
As if my day was not already banged, some idiot Mofo at work was asking me dumb questions about some invoice, do I look like the freaking Account Receivable Clerk? So what if my AMEX invoices had not been paid in 6 months? Did I buy baffs with it? I beg leef me o! eh hen!!!! Needless to say I am having a crappy day!
I am going home and cooking me some efo elegusi and eating amala for dinner! I certainly hope yall are having a much better day than I am!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator