<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, February 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Mummy!!!
Today is my mums birthday and we have sort of been beefing for a minute its normal right? I am sort of the brat of my family and stubborn as hell...(its my dad's fault) So I called her this morning on my way out!

QB: Hey mummy...Happy Birthday
Mum: thank you
QB: So what are you up to...what are your plans for the day
Mum: on my way to work in an hour or so
QB: Work? On your birthday
Mum: You have a better idea?
QB: (uncomfortable silence)...so did you get the packet I sent?
Mum: what package?
QB: Your birthday present I sent it on Friday through Fed-ex 2 day delivery
Mum: hmmm...no
QB: I will track it then...so se e wa pa?
Mum: Peachy
QB: That's great, well I hope you have a nice day...I will call you later
Mum: OK...thanks

That conversation was like pulling teeth! Phew OK maybe its time I stop acting like a brat!

Mojisola Darling....my one and only Iya Onigba! Iyawo Olujimi....I love you loads and I am sorry for my outbursts last week. Please be reminded today that I love you infinity and I would not trade you for anything in the world! I haven't been feeling poetic lately but I will re post the poem I wrote for you in 2005 and I hope it leaves you with warm fuzzy feelings!


Dear ma,

Have I told you lately that I love you?
Well I should have
Do you realize how much you mean to me?
I’ll tell you
Does it seem like all your suffering was in vain?
It wasn't
Do I sometimes make you feel like I don’t appreciate you?
Because I do
No matter what you do, how you act, what you say and who you are
I will always be glad that you are my mother. I love you unconditionally and I am grateful to the almighty that he chose you as the vessel to give me life.
We may not always see eye to eye but understand that I will forever be in your debt for the sacrifices you made for me.
I would not trade you for anything in the world and I would not change a damn thing about you.
Forgive me if I seem ungrateful at times, because I am not. I am grateful I have you in my life and I am proud that you are my mum.
If ever again you are in doubt of my love for you, read my words, keeping in mind that they are sincere and find comfort in them.
This New Year, I will work on our relationship, I will do my part and whenever I fall short, be sure to do yours!
Pray for me mama as only a mother can..I definitely need it, especially now. Loads of kisses!!!!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator