<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Wednesday, February 28, 2007

RECAP.....
Hey bloggville it’s been a hot minute huh…well I have been busy and out of it for a few weeks now, besides nothing major has happened…..let me fill you in.


A big Shout out to my girl Dayo…she dropped 8lbs 10 ounces on Thursday, yup baby Awani is in the building!!!! I can’t wait for the day Joba and Isreal will start quaving Ridi and Alero!!! Buhahahaha…Congratulations once again!!! May this be the first of many to come…Amen!


Well I was in MD aka London the weekend before last, my girl Elisa’s mum turned 50, I dragged LP, Omolayo and Oyinade with me…it was cool, we stayed at Elisa's. Oyinade had some party to go to so we dropped her off, how about some heifer had her dress on! Buhahahahaha don’t you just hate it when that happens? LOL!!! LP, Elisa and I had brunch at Bob Evans…I am so addicted to that place, I think it’s the home fries! We then spent the rest of the afternoon at the party hall getting ready for the Owambe. The party was nice, everyone looked fabulous especially this one lady from ATL…good gawd! I know that woman is at least 60 but mehn she looked hell of good, she wore that hottest pair of Betsy Johnson kicks, (I know because I have been eyeing that particular pair on Zappos for a hot minute now) she did not even bother with the shoe and bag mess, although I stand corrected…Elisa’s mum and her posse were rocking a different breed of shoe and bag…Lord have mercy! So how about they got my girl to buy a pair! I was laughing at her until I saw them suckers…I’ll have to say they were aiit!
I had fun though…she kept trying to drag me to the dance floor…..no boo QB don’t dance!


On Sunday, we drove down to Queensway…I had food on my mind, Princess O’s dad came to meet us there, it was sooo weird!!!!! It started snowing as we headed out of town, LP drove because I was feeling sick and no…I wasn’t pretending. I slept most of the way to Raleigh, I was a bit nervous that LP was driving, not that I am a better driver but there is just something about control…yes I am a control freak!


I decided to braid my hair this weekend and invited Remi to come with me because she wanted her do did tooo. I should have known that was a bad idea! We roamed the street and they did not actually start my hair till 7pm! Remi started and hour earlier it was pointless because they sat us at opposite sides of the gallery so we could not gist, Remi called me on her cell but I resorted to yelling out…I swear it was like reliving Tejuosho market! Damn the good ol’ days! I finally made it out at about 1am!! I was telling E about it last night and I tried to explain that I used yarn to twist my hair instead of hair I was rolling at his response “Yarn? Like crochet? Why baby is it cheaper?” CAN YOU IMAGINE!

Most of my week was blah…I did my Monday night wing thingy with the usual suspects….Dayo, Dupe, LP and Stacy a few other folks join our mix. I guess we can’t get enough of the 25 cents wings!!! I quit drinking so it was iced tea baby!!
I finally filed for my taxes; please hola at your girl if you know any stray children that need to be claimed we'll split the Mola 80/20….. you get the later…that’s how we do!


So as part of my electives, I had lunch with Princess O today, I am majoring in being a better parent! It was cool until all the rugrats wanted hugs! Da hell, somebody give these gremlins the memo! Kids are soooo weird! Princess O was beside herself, she wanted me to say hello to every single kid in her class and I swear my face hurts from the smile I feigned for an entire hour!


Why haven’t they announced the winners of the gele competition? I mean the hell? I am sitting here waiting patiently fighting the urge to call them up to have a word or two! The funny thing is that I soooo do not know what the prizes are; I started a rumor that it was $1500 then I realized none of the folks I was telling could give a less Damn!
My devious self….I swear I am tew mush! I entered Remi, Gbemi, Titi Dupe, Aunty Foluke and Denrele in the competition! Then I called them all to tell them about it! Buhahahahaaha…well except Aunty Foluke, her ass is gangster so Imma act like I don’t know who did! Buhahaha Ok maybe I do have a bit too much time on my hands!


It turns out my Ace LA also watches WWG and WOM!!! I finally have someone to relate to as per my addiction. Before I forget…. Does anyone have a remedy for black head that does not involve me coughing out $100 at some spa? Something like Epo pupa and milk? I beg ring my bell! I told Remi’s dummas not to touch my black head but she tortured it and now I have a scab on my forehead!


It just occurred to me that I haven’t done any work since I got here so…. I’m finna go! (inside joke, only a Ralite would understand!.....LOLOLOLOL)



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator