<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Wednesday, February 07, 2007

QB is soo Razz!!!
My razzness is boundless; I am on another level for shizzle. Last night I made Ila asepo, with beef hearts, turkey and beef, it was yummy! I ate it with some Amala and I was smiling all the way to bed! So this morning I decided to pack myself some lunch…bump the Chinese joint and the deli, imma eat some eba yo! So I put some gari in a ziplock bag and packed my stew carefully in Tupperware and off I went.














A little after noon I saw folks staring at the menus, not I…not today, today I Omobolanle Modebolanle Olawanlewa will be having Eba and Ila! I heated my water in the microwave and made my eba, everyone in the lunch room must have thought I don lost my damn mind! I carried my meal jejely to my office and got my grub on! Shuu…as a matter of fact, I am doing this all week! Angie from payroll took a picture!

I haven’t been up to date with my office dare…omo SOX audit is coming up and all my damn files are a mess! So blogging has had to take a back seat as well as my dares, but I did manage to do ‘8) Walk sideways to the photocopier…. And …10) Carry your keyboard over to your colleague and ask "You wannatrade?”' She asked me if I was serious and I kept a straight face and repeated myself…she looked really confused at my request…..I got quite a laff out of that one! Buhahaha…I garishoes!!!



So I am sure you’ve heard before that I have the smartest kid on the planet! Not bragging but really I do. I sometimes I forget she is a kid and give her all these responsibilities. Remi and I fight constantly about some of them and Sade has threatened to call child services… hey I never said I was a great parent…I am a work in progress no doubt. I decided to add more to Molayo’s responsibilities. Ade tried to talk me out of it but last night, I insisted she washed the dishes. Omo the girl is finna turn 7 and I remember when I was 7 I washed dishes…I think! Anyway she has got to learn. Ade told her she did not have to wash the pots and pans and she got to work, I think she was a bit excited that she was doing a chore. About half an hour later Ade and I discovered OMOLAYO FEYINTOLUWA had washed all the dishes with the toilet spongue!!!! Egba mi! Ewww!!! I was so mad I couldn’t even spank her cause by God she is only 6!!! Ade could not stop laughing as she yelled “I told you so!” so I had to rewash everything and dump them in the dishwasher for a good steam clean. The worst part is that she sooo did not understand what the fuss was about, she needed a sponge and found one in the bathroom! Oh damn…aii maybe she can start washing dishes next year!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator