<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My funny Valentine!!!!!
So I woke up this morning to a knock at the door, early mo mo kind of shit, it was a special delivery, this tall, dark, handsome man in a tux with a bouquet of 2 dozen yellow roses and a single red one! “Miss Odegbami?” he asked. euphoric, I grabbed the bunch and yelled Thank you!!! He held the door open and announced that my ride was waiting! Hen? Say kini, I looked outside to see a white stretch limo waiting for me. “My ride to where exactly?” I could see the delivery man was enjoying this because my razz ass could not hide my excitement “Please read the note Miss Odegbami, it explains everything”

Omobolanle love,

Happy Valentine’s Day! I wish us many more to come…Amen!
I hope you like your flowers, the 23 yellow roses are for our friendship…you are my best friend and the single red rose…is for love…I love you today and always!

The guy standing before you is Mark, he will be at your beck and call
today, I know it takes you a bit to get ready…take your time, when you are set, he will take you to work. At noon, he will bring you to Lex, I know you love Cajun food, I will meet you there and we’ll have lunch. Mark will take you back to your office and wait for your day to end. In the limo you will find a package, change into that dress for me darling. Mark will take you to Salon Sesua, they will take care of your hair and make-up.
At about 7pm, Mark will bring you to the airport, a private plane will be waiting, we have dinner reservations at Justin’s, don’t worry about an overnight bag. Just bring your beautiful self. We will be spending the night at W, I reserved the pent house.
My mum will pick up Princess O from school and will watch her for the evening.
In the morning we’ll have breakfast in bed and I will have you back at work before 10am.
Can’t wait to see you.
Love Always,
ME



Oh damn! Omobolanle pick your mouth off the floor! And I only got him a card! I started to call him but somehow that was not on the instructions, I am definitely being punked…. I just know it!!!!! I picked up my phone to call MO and tell her about this shit riii hurr but she didn’t pick up…and then…..I WOKE UP!!!!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator