<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Thursday, February 15, 2007

Gele Skentele!!!
Courtesy of Segun Gele and Remi’s wedding, my gale was too bunz on November 18th. It was so out there, this lady asked me who tied it and insisted I took her to get hers done.

I am not much of a gele person, in fact I refuse to wear native unless everyone is wearing it. I remember my mum used to try to get me to buy all these materials for what I considered to be absolutely ridiculous prices! But I am getting older and I am embracing my culture more and these days, I can tell you the names of the materials sef! Thanks to my mum and big sis, I have a bunch of lace and gele, its funny though, they don’t get much wear but if the occasion comes up…I have my Naija baffs handy! I don’t know about the shoe and bag mess though…GOOD GAWD! Some of those made in Italy crap Naija women wear looks like it was put together by carpenter instead of shoemaker…I mean the hell? Lanzolini and Best or some crap like that! No sirree, I will leave the grown and sexy to do the shoe and bag…I will just stick to mean ass Geles for now! (Mr Sege…I got you on speed dial boo) I don’t think I am current on what’s hot and what’s not in regards to lace…at least not yet, I just love brown and other dark colors.

A few months ago, the editor of Chatafrikarticle told me about his idea for a gele competition and I had just the gele in mind to enter…I must to win o…or else! LOL
I quickly cropped my Aces out of the picture (sorry MO and LA) and submitted my entry; please tell me why my gele is getting mad hits! I hope they wont ask us to tie it again live or sumtin…that would not be too bunz!



One of my girls called me up to tell me how Razz the competition was and she couldn't believe I was in it….get over it boo, You call it Razz, I call it keeping it real. Which year you enter yankee sef? Oyinbo pepe! Shio!!

Check out the ENTRIES and show your girl QB some love!!! I swear there will be hell if I don’t win…yes I am very competitive…can’t you tell?



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator