<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, February 19, 2007

99 rather random things about me

  1. My father named me 3 names that all mean the same thing.... Omobolanle Modebolanle Olawanlewa

  2. Green is my new favorite color

  3. I have way too many friends, I am cutting back

  4. I eat not because I am hungry but because I am bored

  5. My eyebrows are permanent

  6. I sleep with my mouth opened…or so I’ve been told

  7. I am not very friendly

  8. I hate butta people

  9. I am the black sheep of my family

  10. I watch “Wicked Wicked games” and “watch over me” religiously

  11. I don’t pay my tithes faithfully

  12. I have not done my laundry in almost 8 months

  13. I talk in my sleep

  14. I am in love with a guy I’ve never met

  15. I hate it when people touch me

  16. I don’t know how to respond to “I love you”

  17. I love country music

  18. I am afraid of bugs

  19. I hate dogs and cats

  20. I eat dusting powder

  21. I chew on ice and it doesn’t bother me

  22. I really hate it when people snore

  23. I hate people using my towel

  24. I fall in love quickly and hard and hate even harder

  25. I have a lot of blackheads

  26. I never buy matching underwear

  27. I am the most random MOFO I know

  28. I hate secretive people…chances are no one cares!!!

  29. I love the smell after it rains

  30. I love Iced Tea

  31. I hate junk food

  32. I sleep way too much

  33. I have the attention span of a fly

  34. I never check my voice mail

  35. I never carry cash

  36. I shop at thrift stores and yard sales

  37. I love to write and paint

  38. I cant dance

  39. I have a huge keloid scar on my stomach

  40. I never buy real gold jewelry

  41. I hate being alone

  42. I cant eat sushi or any other uncooked food

  43. I can braid my own hair

  44. I cant function before 8am in the morning

  45. I am a bit too outspoken

  46. I think out loud a lot

  47. I have a hard time hiding my feelings

  48. I have a really bad temper

  49. I don’t forgive

  50. I am not easily impressed

  51. I am uncomfortable around talkative people

  52. I stare at people

  53. I pick out sleep from my eyes and line them up on a mirror

  54. I never exercise

  55. I smoke cigarette

  56. I have a low tolerance of Alcohol and BS

  57. I used to have my nose and belly button pierced

  58. I eat fruit from the grocery store without paying for them

  59. I talk way too much shit

  60. I am overly sensitive

  61. I am a really bad driver

  62. I am the life of any party

  63. I don’t like kids ….with a handful of exceptions

  64. I am not very affectionate

  65. I have a major crush on Common

  66. I really don’t think Britney Spears is hot

  67. I find DJIMON HOUNSOU sexy


  68. I am a great cook

  69. I love broccoli

  70. I am afraid of flying

  71. I cant decide who I love most; India Ari, John Mayer, Ne-yo, MJB or Lauryn Hill

  72. I am a hopeless romantic

  73. I prefer injections to drugs

  74. I am confident and borderline arrogant

  75. I really love God and his favors towards me are overwhelming at times

  76. I like to be different

  77. I am really shy

  78. I am not afraid of dying as long as its not HIV or plane crash...I’m good.

  79. My favorite movie is the color purple

  80. I read Nancy Drew mysteries and Sweet Valley Twins growing up

  81. I am very impulsive

  82. I hate pretentious people

  83. I am always late

  84. I believe in love at first sight

  85. My car is filthy

  86. I don’t ride rollercoasters

  87. I cant swim

  88. I don’t sleep before Midnight

  89. I really want to live in Nigeria

  90. I hate broken english

  91. I have never dated a white guy

  92. shopping make me feel better about everything

  93. I hate it when people use my sponge

  94. I frown a lot ....unconsciously

  95. I love taking pictures

  96. I hate it when folks lie about public information

  97. I don’t fight fair

  98. I cant spell words that have ‘EI” receive, deceive, achieve ETC I always put the ‘I’ before ’E’ I always rely on spell check
  99. I love Marc Jacobs


It took me a whole day to compile this list! So now I tag desola, because I suspect she will have some very interesting random facts on her list.




The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator