<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Valentine is coming!!!!!
Okay…so it’s that time of the year again Valentine! Its coming o, about 3 weeks away! Women love it! Men abhor it! But hey its here so lets deal with it!

My last two valentine were suckful (meaning it sucked a lot!) to say the least. I know last year I had just started a relationship and the dude was one of those anti-valentine, I was upset he wasn’t all romantic and he couldn’t even figure out what he had done, either that or he was playing stupid, somehow I am leaning on the later. So anyway it’s a New Year so don’t get it twisted.
Here are some valentine rules to help you.


  1. Do not even try to pick a fight right before Valentine to excuse your pathetic ass from gift exchange….we are soooo on to you!!!!
  2. Do not buy anything from Victoria Secret, That is sooooo played out so be original
  3. Do not give all the women in your life the same gift! That is just wicked!!! It somehow leaks and it’s a major blow to our ego!
  4. You don’t have to spend a whole lot of money, be creative !
  5. Dinner and a movie does not count as Valentine presents!
  6. If you must send flowers, send them to her job, women looooovvvve the attention!
  7. Do not recycle gifts you received!
  8. Just because you are married now does not mean she doesn’t get a gift!
  9. Do not borrow money from one chick to buy another chick a gift! (Believe me it happens!) thats just tacky!
  10. Perishables are not ideal gifts (We are not in Naija so save the sweet sensations for yo mama!), you want to create a lasting impression.

Speaking of sef….remember in Naija, valentine was the perfect opportunity for that dude that has been eyeing you to make that bold move! LOL!!! Damn we were so corny! You would get a cake and like 10 different cards from the same person o! I never understood the logic behind sending multiple cards?! O and the stuffed animals were all over the damn place; the bigger your stuffed animal the more dude was feeling you! Buhahahaha. I don’t know what the hot pastry joint is now but in my day it was Sweet Sensation and Baker’s World! Damn I miss Naija! Now imagine the kind of slap you would dish a Mofo that got you a box of Krispie Kremes for Valentine…Da hell! Buhahaha

Now let me tell you..... That old ass trick of fronting like you are not even into valentine or that it’s just another day just cause your monkey ass didnt get crap…BULLOCKS!!! That may be true for a few women but for the rest of us….hell yeah we care! You aint fooling nobody!

And for the guys that don’t want a girl to misinterpret a valentine’s gift for a proposal, be sure to read the card carefully and don’t use words like love and be mine…..nba nba nba! Instead make a joke out of it and get humorous cards and ones intended for friends. Same with the gifts, try something that has no intimate implication like a CD, gift card for a pedicure or tickets to Bowling.

A couple years ago I got a candle from this dude for Valentine, it was a very subtle way of saying “I’m just not that into you” and I got it. If you go get some underwear or perfume and you expect her to not read into it….Wrong!!!

Holler at me, I have some unique ideas for gifts and gestures that will melt any heart…guaranteed!

So this Valentine lets have some fun and bring out the romantic side in all of us.
And ladies…don’t get it twisted it’s a time to exchange gifts not just receive so lets use our imagination.




The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator