<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, January 15, 2007

Moji's birthday weekend
At the last minute I decided to go to MD…why not? All my peeps were going to be out of town and it was Mo’s birthday dinner anyway! Omolayo was really excited about going; Remi was taking her for a birthday party along with four other kids. Anyway I packed all our things on Thursday and tried to find a ticket on hotwire. I finally found one that seemed reasonable and I bought it only to find out that it was for a flight scheduled for 12 noon on Friday. I called my boss to request the day off, I mean I don’t get to work until about 10:30/11 ish so there was no point.


My girl Karen dropped me off at the airport and I had missed my flight! That is just great! For once can I just be on time for something! I mean damn!! I really need to work on my punctuality issues…so help me God. I was able to catch the 2pm flight and got to DC at about 3pm. Come to find out my dumb ass bought a ticket to Dulles!!! Who flies to Dulles? Da hell, I had no idea, I was thinking we landed in National Airport! Oh damn, Moji’s house is about 2 hrs from Dulles and the heifer is at work! I called Ekpen and Uncle Timi neither of them could get to me till 7pm!!! I will be damned if I stay in this airport for that long. LA was getting her hair done and it was official…I was stranded!!!!


After my 4th cigarette, I had an Einstein moment!! I will just rent a car!!! Duh!!! Ok so I grabbed my luggage and got on the shuttle to the car rental, 2 minutes later, I had a car! I drove happily, first to the grocery store to pick up some squash to make dinner, and then to Moji’s house. Ekpen came by for dinner and the 3 of us stayed up till 5am!

Moji and I spent he entire day at the mall, a lady at Nordstrom asked me if I’d like to work there as a personal shopper!!! Hehehe are you fa real! I was so excited, then I told her I live in North kakilaki! How about everybody was having mad sale!!! Omo, I had to respect myself o…shopping is not at the top of my to-do list but I did cop me some sexy aviators and was dying to put them on…..sun or no sun.


LA was at Moji’s house when we got there and we got ready quickly for dinner. Dupe joined us and we headed out. The restaurant was beautiful, very warm and cozy ambiance, I would love to dine here with Kunsh someday, I even got a table picked out…hehehe.


There were 22 guests in total; Moji pre-paid for the appetizers and dessert and we split the rest of the bill Dutch. I wont front I almost had a stroke when I saw the bill, I told the lady it must have been a typo! Da hell? $800 pa for wetin? But then again divived by 22 people …..Phew!!! Aii Bola…inhale, exhale…breathe! I’m good now. But I am saying though, yall could have given me …errhhh $300 and I would have hooked up the best Obe buka yall ever had!!! LOL We went around the table introduced ourselves and said how we met Moji....alot of cute stories.
Moji's bday wknd 07


After dinner we all went to some Kamp Baltimore joint, them heifer had me lead convoy…big mistake! I took the whole bunch (about 8 cars) to the gas station for some cigarettes and then I ran every other red light till we got to the lounge. There was no parking anywhere so I parked at some convenient store and told the owner my car broke down and I was waiting for triple A. Buhahahaha…Dupe gave me props for that was a classic lie.


We partied to some house music and a little hip hop till about 2pm. I was the designated driver back home too…they never learn. We got home and crashed, but not before Moji made us view the pictures on her plasma and eat all out leftovers from dinner.


I missed my flight twice on Sunday and was on standby for the 5pm flight. I cried the whole way back because there was turbulence, the guy next to me was trying to keep me calm and I prayed he would just shut the hell up because he made it worse! Thank God we landed safely, it was a 45 minutes flight but it seemed like 2 days!!


The damn airline lost my luggage and took down my information incase they found it…Incase wo…in fact I pray you don’t find it, I am in dire need of a new laptop anyway! Hehehe. Dee Dee picked me up for the airport and we spent the evening with Gbemi, I cooked J rice and chicken and we watched desperate housewives.


Absolutely fabulous weekend!!!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator