<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, January 29, 2007

Dayo Awani Baby Shower
This weekend was tooo bunz! Nevermind the fact that I am tired as hell! I had a blast!
Let me tell you something about Raleigh folks…they know how to have fun. If you are looking for a place that feels like home, where folks will always have your back…its Raleigh. We have our moments no doubt, plenty of drama, loads of issues but then again who doesn’t? When its all said and done…this is home sweet home. I love my fellow Ralites!!!!

For Dayo’s Shower, everyone pulled together to make it happen, it was amazing to watch! I made a list of the things we needed and EVERYONE came through! Ok so maybe we need to work on our punctuality, I mean Da hell? We called the shower 4pm and did not start till 8pm…now that’s bad! We had fun though….
It was a co-ed shower so I made sure there were games that would engage the men! ***Side track*** Men are so damn competitive! You would think they were winning money or running for Presidency! *** End side track*** Dayo arrived at about 8pm, husband in tow, there were lots of food and drinks for everyone. My only complaint is maintaining order in the building…I mean Good Gawd! No wonder no one wants to be my neighbor, I am either smoking up the joint with my epo gigba , smelling up the joint with Iru, taking up all the damn visitors parking with my guests’ cars or making enough noise with my guest to wake up dead folks! Mehn! Shu…I am glad I am not my neighbor…hehehehe

Dayo's Baby Shower


Dayo and Tuoyo…congratulations once again, I pray for a safe fast delivery, no epi no c-section…amen!! I get first dibs on godmother, I know it’s between Remi and I …and since she got to be Maid of Honor….ahem….I am up for godmother!! It only makes sense because Eleba is the godfather…hehehehe!

My babies LP and Dammy stayed behind to help me clean up. I was sooo tired! I remember talking to Lolade and Dammy, gisting about all sorts of crap, I don’t even remember when they left sef, I fell straight out! I woke up at about 7am to find that I was on the couch, all my clothes from the night before still on! Ade came in to remind me that we are cooking for Big Seg this morning…how can I forget? A few minutes later Big Seg came by to scoop me and I joined Ade to cook the rest of the food. Remi and Dupe had done most of the work the night before. Needless to say I am not going to church today!

I got home at about Noon and slept the rest of the day…OMO, my name is Bola and I am one tired MOFO!!!

I started my office dare today….1) Run one lap around the office at top speed. I sooo wanted to take a picture, but my camera is not charged! It was weird, I got some worried looks and a few questions, mainly asking if I was alright… “like yeah… Why do you ask?”



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator