<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Thursday, December 14, 2006

Meatpizzies
Okay so I was feeling like Chef Boladee yesterday, I was craving meat pie and somehow I felt I could do a much better job that the woman that makes them here for a buck a piece. I am the biggest food critic ever….I have a handful of folks that their cooking impresses me. Anyway so I called Yetunde…another chef like me and I asked her for the meat pie recipe…well, Yetunde referred me to her friend Mo and you could tell the babe knew what she was saying, she walked me through the recipe and I was feeling too bunz!

After work I headed to the grocery store…$36 later, I had all the things I would need for the best meatpizzie ever!
I so ditched bible study for my little mission impossicant!
I followed the instructions as best as I could remember, I asked Mo to email me the recipe but I forgot to check my email….Oh well. How hard could it be right? I mean I make the meanest Efo, moi moi and obe buka in the game so Meatpizzie should be a breeze! Omolayo and Denrele left for Bible study which was great so I wouldn’t get distracted. I kneaded and rolled and stirred for the next 45 minutes. For some weird reason, my dough would not behave! I got really frustrated and shoved it all in the oven!

OMO can you say disaster! I sat on my kitchen floor laughing at myself for a good 15 minutes, then I called Mo to placed an order for Meatpizzie for Lolade’s party….this little experiment was my test run, I was going to bake all the Meatpizzes for Lolade’s graduation but after this crap…Omo I will pay the woman double for the meatpie!

The worst part of it all was when Princess O and Ade got home from bible study; I had forced myself to eat one of the pies and was using water to shove each bite down!
O and Ade started laughing and my baby told me that was the worst meatpie she had ever had! They hurt my feelings. I even invited Dupe and Dewunmi to come eat some of my meatpie and they declined…da hell? Even Sammy, the Grubido of Raleigh, took one bite and passed on my meatpizzie!

Someone should have told me 'I can bake all things through Christ who strengthens me' is not a prayer!

I am going to try again….maybe next year but for now, I will gladly let the meatpie lady handle her business!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator