<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Friday, December 01, 2006

Dami's Birthday
Posted by Picasa

My baby girl’s birthday was on Tuesday. I totally forgot, I called her to yarn nonsense, she had a party in MD and I couldn’t make it so I was checking on her to see how the party went; I quickly dismissed her for another call. When I got home Ade asked me if I was going out for dinner…the hell? “No! For what? With who?” I attacked her. “Its Dami’s birthday” she responded. I felt like a complete idiot! Are you serious! OMG!! I spoke with the twit today and she did not say shit, she must be enjoying this! I called Dami to apologize and made her a bunch of promises I am sure to break. Well there goes my plans to make obe buka and plantain for dinner. I shoved my meat back in the freezer and touched up my face for dinner. More American food ARRRRGGGGHHHHH why cant there be one Naija joint serving Amala and gbegiri for a change! LP came to join us and we headed out to six forks. We made a quick stop to pick up cake, flowers and cards for Dami. What I really wanted to get her was a banging top and some shoes, Dami has fabulous taste just like her mama…hehehe.
So dinner was great, everyone came through to show Dami some love. Twisted Forks was the restaurant of choice…ok food I guess, but don’t ask me, I don’t like American food. Hell I coulda cooked up some shit for the crew and it would cost ¼ of what we spent out there. We hung out for a bit afterwards. Ade had to go to work so, LP and I were stranded. How about we piled ourselves in Tola’s rental. Tola is here from Naija fro a few days.Dupe, Dami Demi, LP, Funmi, Tola, Oby and Mua all in one car, it was a riot! Oby gave me some egusi her mum made and best believe I made Amala when I got home. It was the bomdigiddy! Who needs soufflé minion when you got amala and egusi!! Slept like an absolute baby!


Dami's Birthday



Damilola Banwo…I love you girl but you already know this. I am proud of all you do and I am certain that your future will be brighter than even you can fathom. Today and always…May you be too relevant to be ignored, May you encounter God and never remain the same, May the grace for completion come on you. You shall be blessed till the blessed call you blessed….Amen

More pictures



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator