<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, November 06, 2006

Remi's Bridal Shower
OMG! The past couple weeks has been tremendously stressful but it was for a good cause. A big thank you to my fellow organizers Denrele and Dupe…we held it down yo!
We had two showers for Remi, One Saturday night and the other Sunday…Omo it was one hell of a night Saturday boi! I mean Damn!!!! I will spare yall the details. We wanted to make sure Remi would never forget this night…..and I seriously doubt she will. Very exclusive shower for selected few…but omo…It was bananas!! We went out later Saturday night and we were tired as hell but still cooked for the shower Sunday and made it to church on time! I can not count the number of free drinks Remi got, but I was there to help her with half of each glass…heeehehehehe I was crunked!!
The turn out on Sunday was crazy, everyone came through; I have never seen such a turnout for a bridal shower! The highlight of the evening was watching Remi’s reaction as we watched a pre taped show we made with everyone in it sending shout outs and best wishes. It was so emotional and reality hit me that my girl is getting married fa real!!!!



remi's shower



Click on Remi's picture for more pictures!

A big Thank you to the Awani’s for availing us their mansion, I doubt any other crib could have accommodated all dem folks! And all of the folks who came through to show Remi some love….we will join you in celebrating your own joyous occasion in the near future as well! Save the date yall November 18th 2006 Raleigh NC….its going to be bananas!!!!!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator