<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The best damn wedding ever!! Remi and Babs
OMG!!! In my entire life, I have not been to a more fabulous wedding than that of Remi and Babs!!! I mean Good Gawd!!!!

The weekend started off Friday. Folks flying in from all over the world! We were all running around like mad folks on last minute errands. I must have made 10 trips to UPS; everything I ordered was still not here!!!! Egbami! I was entrusted with ordering the scarves and a few party favors and UPS and Fed-ex probably have my name on their most IRATE customer list by now! I did not give a shit, I’ll be damned if I let courier service mess up this fabulous event. After I threatened all their ancestors and cursed them out in my egba dialect, all my products surfaced! Nonsense!!!

Debisi and Bro Folabi from London…representing!!! All remi’s Aunts from Naija.

My mum and my sister flew in from Minnesota, my girl Bisola from LA, my MD hommies Moji and Lola were repping MD to the fullest! Thank you mummy for everything. My mumsy brought me fresh fish, meat and chicken all the way from minnesota!! Iya onigba...you are too Bunz!! Love you mami!!

Wunmi flew in from Naija a night before; I spent the evening at Remi’s crib with Titi who came in from London. Ashandy came by and we consulted with the Mac lady who came by for our final consultation. We were anxious as hell and I couldn’t stop looking at my Aderemilekun as she remained un-phased and calm like it was another day! No doubt she was excited but trust Remi…she is never one to break a sweat.

I saw Remi for the first time at the engagement; I stayed away from the hair and make-up session because I knew she was in good hands. Good Gawd! I mean Damn, my girl looked so beautiful, my eyes welled up…its for real…its finally sinked…Remi is getting married! Remi is married!!!!

How about everyone one was looking chasis as in, no jacked up face in the house. Our mean ass Gale was fierce as hell courtesy Segun Gale (I shall be doing a whole spread on him). Texas chicks were in the building! Apata reunion for shizzle. Shout out to Bumni Love, Nike Idowu, Jean, Tunde and Wunmi Odumosu!

The engagement ran long; trust the old school folks to lengthen their shine time. We held it down. Food was excellent; the ambiance was to die for! Did I mention the view? Omo there was a lake just outside the hall…absofuckinglutely breathtaking!!!
So after the party was the after party!!…the Off the Market Bash! It should have been called Off the Shizzle Bash!
The hostess were wearing white tees with COCO on the front and numbers on the back… a big shout out to Dupe Aka hostess with the mostess…Mehn! You made me proud to be your friend!!! The other fabulous women on the hostess list includes LP (my first born), Dami (my 2nd born), Oyinade (my third born), my babies were looking fierce!!! As always Shade Omosaiye was holding it down for the COCOs, Tutu, Oby and Dami from MD!!!

How about my fellow bride’s maids!!! A special shout out to Wunmi(Naija), Titi Connecto (Jand), Busola (MD), Tosin (MD), Funmi (NC), Bebe (NC) and Maid of honor woman of substance Adenrele Sarunmi!!!! Don’t forget yours truly DQUEENB!!!!
OMG!!! It was wild! I kept sipping all night and jamming to the beats of DJ Kenny…the female juke box! Kudos Kenny, you made me proud!!! That was the most jumping party I have been to…ever!!!

The party ended at about 4am!! Imagine that shit! And we stayed behind to clean up. Bros Folabi checked Wunmi and I into the Hilton at about 6:30am. Brother Folabi...I have mad love for you bro!!!
Just as I was getting settled, the MAC lady came knocking on the door, it was 7am and Me-Me was not playing! She set up in my room and did my make-up first! Omo we did not sleep all night! Da hell…shortly after our hairdresser Nicole came to style our braids!
Did I mention hair and make-up was paid for by the couple! Sweet!!!

Everybody was looking fabulous and ready to roll at 12 noon. Our limo was waiting downstairs; I had butterflies in my tummy like I was the one getting married!

Check out our groomsmen!!! Good Gawd almighty…fine boyz no pimples, no wrinkles with dimples looking all kinds of sharp clean shaven with their fine brown suits. A big shout out to Tayo for providing pimp juice on our way to church!!!

The service was short but beautiful! As Remi walked down the isle, my eyes welled up! I refuse to cry dammit but I couldn’t help it. IT WAS TOO MUSH!!! We took pictures after the ceremony and hurried to reception where 60 tables and 700 chairs were all beautifully arranged at the Hilton hotel! There were over 700 guests! Open bar all night!!!! Omo..in fact!!!

The room was breathtaking! We danced in as couples and I just want to thank my partner for being an absolute gentleman the whole time! He held my hand and constantly asked if I was ok…sweet sweet Kenneth… Muah!!

We changed into our aso ebi and I swear I have never seen such love, there must have been 100 young ladies running around in cream and brown lace looking hella good! Segun gale hooked us all up and it was just fabulous!!!

Remi and Babs came out for their first dance and it was the first time I saw folks spraying money to English song! Just beautiful! My girl was glowing like WHOA!!!
We handed out our party favors, took pictures, danced and acted a complete fool all night long…It was absolutely fabulous!

Eleba...I had fun with you too, it was a lovewly way to finish the evening... smochies!!

On Sunday we went to church for thanksgiving, it was packed!!! Everyone came back to my crib and I cooked fish stew, chicken stew and jollof rice! We were planning on going out to get krunked with the londoners but omo...lack of sleep did not let us!

A special thank you to Sammy! You are such a good man and I know Remi is happy to have you in her life, you wowed me with all you did!

The hosts, headed by my Ace boon koon Dayo Adeyanju...yall were looking HOT and working hard! Mad love to Raleigh's finest!!!

Tomi Awokoyo...you get on my damn nerves and you were one more smart remark away from being slapped!!! But... Omo....I wouldnt want anyone else to plan my wedding...you outdid yourself mama!!Your organizational skills and creativity was evident on this day! so please save the date for me.

Aderemilekun, I did not get to give my speech at the wedding but I will give it now.

I cannot think of anyone more deserving of this than you, you are a beautiful soul and your heart is pure towards everyone. I am blessed that we are friends. Babalola is one lucky MOFO to have you as his wife but I think he already knows that. It is evident today what kind of person you are, surrounded by people near and far who want nothing but the best for you. On this day and till death do you part, you and Babalola shall be happy, your home will be filled with love, and abundance will be your portion. All of your heart desires shall manifest according to God’s grace. Any evil thoughts or actions towards your marriage shall not manifest in Jesus name. My god child is going to be spoiled rotten…I can’t wait to meet him/her so please let the panashukwing begin!!! I love you girl and I always will.

If you missed the wedding….DAMN!…you mizzed!!! Itzzz tew moooosssh!!
Check out the pictures HERE…and stay tuned there will be more pictures to come!!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator