<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Wednesday Wednesday medicine.
What’s new with QB…lets see, I have not been blogging because I have buried my busy body ass in work and coordinating events to keep my mind off things…it works too! If you have something on your mind, just keep busy and time passes by faster and time fixes everything!

So there is this new show “Fashion House” the absolute dudu! As in I watch it every night…omo talk about drama!!! At first I thought it would be about fashion for real like what’s hot and what’s not, but it turns out its modern day soap opera! Last night Maria Gianni got punked at the altar! She is a bitch but omo no one deserves that mehn!!! Check it out if you can! Fall line up is Bananas! Flavor of love, brothers and Sisters, Nip tuck, Prison break, Top Model, Grey’s Anatomy, desperate housewives, house Ugly betty Six degree Studio 60 …..Omo it’s on! My name is Omobolanle and I am officially jobless!


As you can probably tell from my lack of picture posting, my camera is out of commission! Well it works but it’s in dire need of aburo! This is why I have not posted any pictures from Ashandy AKA Sade AKA Iyawo Fola AKA Mrs. JINAD’s baby shower! Sade… forgive me!
Let me tell yall about this fabulous RARA that was orchestrated by yours truly…Queen B!!! Okay well let me give props to all my sisters that helped me out…Remi, Dupe, Denrele…Muah!!!
So it was this Saturday at Femi and Dewunmi’s crib, their walls are moss green which worked well with our Green and yellow color theme! We all cooked the food, Jollof rice, chicken Meat and Obe buka…my specialty and we bought the most beautiful cake. I entrusted Remi with the décor, she does a great job! Denrele and I ran last minute errands took a shower in like 3 minutes only to get there and discover we were soooo on Naija time! Please tell me why our guests didn’t arrive till 6pm! We had mad fun! It was a co-ed shower and the highlight of the evening was watching Tuoyo and two other dudes race to undress a Barbie and dress them in a separate outfit! It was a riot…btw…I invented that game but feel free to steal it! hehehe We made tee-shirts for Fola and Sade courtesy Azure by LP!!! The food was gone and so were the drinks and we tore up the guys’ house!

Hey check out the fall collection from NS effect! The designs are sick mehn!!!
And the quality is branded!!! Click Here

So our baffs are here for Remi’s wedding I absofuckinglutely love it! But….dilemma!!! I don’t know what to sew! Please email me sites where I can find bunz styles! As in I don’t know jare, I have looked everywhere but I can’t find a style that jumps at me! You know my ass is getting kinda chunky too so I need something that will bo asiri! I swear I am excited; there is so much to do and so little time!! What excites me the most is the reunion that will take place that weekend! Errybody will be in the building! Wale is flying in from London….Omo bring me some deodorant o! Yes baby SURE!! Wunmi from Naija! Bisola from LA…I have not seen my Abis since she had her first son five years ago! Yall know how I feel about planes….and that’s a 6 hour flight! Dolapo and Toyosi from TX!!! My MD crew (LA, MO and Elisa) will be in the building! My mum and sisters and even my step mum will be here! Please tell me why I ordered my bridesmaid dress a size small so I’ll be motivated to loose the weight! Erhhh IT’S NOT WORKING!!!

I was hosting single and strong this month so I did some more cooking Sunday morning and prepared for our meeting. It was very educative, I was very encouraged by this meeting and I really don’t know what I’d do without my single and strong sisters!

Remi is in St Thomas! As in a company paid trip to the blazing Island to work! That really blows!!! The heifer felt the need to tell me every hour where she was like I had somehow forgotten! Yes I am hating!!! I am sitting here shuffling paperwork all day long dealing with disgruntled employees and participating in meaningless conference calls while my girl gets to lay out on the beach and sip Mai Tai all day long!

Shout out to my brother Gbemi, bet yall didn’t even know I had a brother huh? Well I have three actually! Gholahan and Ore are the other two blokes but Gbemi and I have the same mama! He is really quiet and laid back and I am a bit more colorful. I really hope you can make it for Remi’s wedding! I love you and I am proud of you Papi!

Let me get back to work before these MOFO realize…I don’t do much round hurr!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator