<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, October 02, 2006

Oh Lordy!!!
This weekend was our church anniversary, for the first time in my life, I love church! Even with all the drama that I brought on myself, I still feel really good about church and I actually look forward to Sunday. I think it’s our Pastor, you can tell that he really cares and he is sincere in his faith…not to mention funny as hell! Anyway so there was a fundraising event Saturday, we are trying to build our own church. I rolled with Dammy Remi and Ade took Molayo and jaboed me…as usual! It was a really scary event, scary as you just knew God was in the building because supernatural things were taking place. I had an absolute blast…that is until I saw Dr. Ashiru!!! Please yall tell me why I was praying to fall out dead right there and then! I greeted him as usual and he is always so pleasant and candid and shows genuine interest in what new with QB. Ok so he grabs my arm ushering me to walking with him and I oblige. He casually dropped a bazukka on me “I read you blog, I was looking for Remi’s website and had forgotten the URL so I goggled her name and found your site. I loved every bit of it, I read it all night! I think you are extremely talented!” My heart stopped literally for a hot minute! NOOOOOO not Dr Ashiru!!! Remi and Denrele were laughing so hard! I told him I could not even look at him right now and I excused myself! He was mad cool about it though as in it shocked the bra strap off me! He told me to make sure I update it and send him a shout out! Hehehehehe gladly!!
A big shout out to Dr Ashiru…..you rock Daddy!!!!!!!
On Sunday I missed church, totally forgot my car was at Dammy’s! I was fully dressed and ready to go and I couldn’t find my car! Duh!!! I was so pissed! I called errybody but I couldn’t get in contact with anyone. I finally reached Remi at about 11:30 and she said all my possible rides were already in church! I called Dayo and he didn’t make it to church either so I asked him to come get me, then I slept off. Remi, Dupe and Ade made it to my crib first so I fashied Dayo and we all went to Ashandy’s crib! I will be a good girl and won’t call Shade out on her pot of stew incident! New York chick I am watching you o! You lucky your ass is pregnant… you are itching for a beat down!! We got home just in time for desperate housewives and Flavor Flav!! My weekend was aii..I am still in a funk..but nothing but time and God can help me with that.



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator