<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Catching up...
I have not blogged in like …..Forever! A lot has been going on. Work is crazy mehn, on most days I just want to quit! Da hell? But then I remember how grateful I am for my job and I snap out of my funk. I had lunch with Dr. Ashiru the other day and it really got me thinking about what I want to be when I grow up…except….my ass is grown! Oh snap!

Sade had a baby girl! Thank God for Fola because that baby is hella cute, I wanted to give her 8 days before I published her picture on WWW. I name her Shaniqua .....hehehehehe! Fola, I know you are a nice guy and all but your daughter will be dealt with because of her mother Sade...I will pick on her till she turns 18!

Remi, Ade and I went for this Owambe party, Remi’s family friend was having and it was promised to be bananas cause Barrister was in the building$^^&#(*#@(??? I don’t know a damn thing about Barrister except he is about 4 feet tall and round! But the grown folks seem to dig it…you could see all the menopausal women grinning and blushing like it was Usher in the building or something…warefa! How about I did not learn from my last awoof and I chowed down some efo again, that and a sample of errything on the menu! This one was good sha! My greedy ass needs help. How about I wore my pink lace and I swear I could not breathe! My teeries where suffocating, But I shallant gree so I rocked that sucka anyway!



Posted by Picasa

But not to worry, starting tomorrow I am going on a slim fast diet! That’s right, I will document my progress so if you care to join me on my journey to lepaville…Nov 1st baby…. its on and popping! No rice, no eba. no obe buka…Just the slim fast shake and bars! Wait o maybe I should wait till after Sade’s naming ceremony on Friday? Hmmmm…we’ll see.
I didn’t go to church Sunday, all that loud annoying music from Saturday gave me a huge headache, I was in bed till 1pm and doing a bit of soul searching. I went to the hospital to visit Sade and took my babies with me. Denrele and I had this gig later Sunday working with some kids on inflatable playground at some church in Raleigh. I can’t stand kids but mehn… I had a blast. I told LP to drop Molayo off so she can be part of the rara. They called it the Fall festival but it was a Halloween party. We were there till about 8pm then I rushed to Cary for my mandatory meeting with Marlboro.

Remember last week when I said happy birthday to LA? Turns out the heifer's birthday was actually October 27th! It’s all Moji’s fault! She called me bright and early on the 21st to remind me to call LA….I felt like the biggest idiot alive. LA indulge my singing and carrying on, I even did a whole spread on my blog and then she goes… ”err hem, Bola its not my birthday” Moji I am so going to kick your ass!!!

I am acting yall…yep Dqueenb is a STARA!!! Ok its for church, I was asked to play the lead role for out youth and singles play! Omo…I am mad excited, which is really weirding me out. As in, I have been on time for rehearsals and kept my diva attitude to a minimum. I find that I am actually enjoying this! Imma put that sucka on youtube when it’s done!!!

Bisi Akerele...AKA Cousin Bisi...AKA Omodokoko of Egbaland! Happy Birthday miha!!! Love you long time!! I can truly say you are my favorite cousin! Living with you at Grandma was hella fun..I miss you sis and I can't wait for you to move back from Japan!

I lost my Uncle….Tunde Ogunsina age 43…cause of death… stomach ache! Da hell? My mum is in Naija visiting and she was blowing up my phone but when she couldn’t reach me she started calling all my friends. I finally got to speak with her and she was devastated, I didn’t even know what to say!!
Uncle Tunde….you will be missed; I trust you are in a better place.
Then I got an email from Aunty Funmi about yet another plane crash killing over 100 people! Jesu…Naija scares the hell out of me but at the same time I am so drawn to the place its crazy!!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator