<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, September 18, 2006

This weekend
How about I went to the Sprint store with Dewunmi on Friday to get my Treo and while the dude was programming the phone my other phone went off! It was sooo embarrassing Dewunmi was acting like he didn’t know me!! I have this Fuji Rasmoboge ringer on my phone! “Se o de nig be phone yen ni, so de nig be phone yen…yara gbe phone yen!” LOL
Don’t get it twisted I love the ringer die but it was very quiet in the store and folks got whiplash trying to find the source of that ghetto music…..I loved it! Sorry Dewunmi!!

Remi and I spent Friday night at Shade’s her hubby was out of time so we kept her company…it was really weird! We watched this Naija movie that Shade insisted was really good…three hours later we were still waiting for the good part! Then we argued the rest of the evening about the correct pronunciation of Medieval….that was funny!!!! We called everyone to ask how they thought it should be pronounced! Did I mention it was like 2am! Buhhahahahaha. Talk about some incoherent MOFOS! LOL some folks hung up on us sef! How about bukky emailed me this morning asking what kind of crack I was on…calling her that late for crap! HEHEHEHE
To everyone we called…Sorry now, but Shade argues to damn much and I had to prove her wrong!

At about 3AM we finally came to an agreement to disagree and we called it a night!
I had Amala for breakfast! Yup sure did! Shade had some ewedu and I hadn’t eaten that in like forever so I made some Amala and threw down. We ran wedding and baby shower errands all day long then we went to do our final fitting for Remi’s wedding!
I convinced Shade to switch the punch bowl set she gave me for my birthday for this beautiful comforter set….loving it! Jerry wanted to follow me home and spend the night…baffled the hell out of me considering how I stress his life. I made jollof rice and obe buka and washed princess O’s hair. I got a call from my Marlboro boss asking me to work…omo…I say I no gree abi na by force? I’m on a week long strike so call me on Monday and we’ll see…Omobolanle…you are sooooo spoilt!

Sunday morning I got Molayo ready for her big day…she has been stressing everyone out about her performance in church this Sunday. Denrele took her and Jeremiah to church. I rushed to get there because I did not want to miss my baby’s performance. They killed it…I was so proud! It was a riot watching 6 years old kids do the snap your fingers dance!! They all had on this JCCI tee-shirt and jeans…it’s a beautiful thing to watch your kid get really excited about God!

My kids, less Oyinade (sleeping), all came over my house Sunday afternoon, Dammy’s brother and their friend joined them, then later Shade and Fola came by to get Jeremiah. Bunmi and Ariyo came by also…it was a full house, we watched TV and ate Jollof rice.

Denrele and I watched Flavor Flav...oya I confess it has become a guilty pleasure of mine, it was hella funny!!!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator