<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, September 25, 2006

Can you say BANANAS?
Last minute Friday, I decide to go to MD, I was invited to a wedding and I really needed to clear my head. I was planning on driving only if my folks would roll with me but all my kids were busy and my husband said it was impromptu, he couldn’t swing it so I abandoned my make belief family and bought a plane ticket. Remi was flying too so Moji arranged it so we’d roll together. Please tell me why my bargain hunting ass paid half of what Remi paid for my ticket? Hehehehe…that’s hot!

Aii so our in-law Babiluwe came to pick us up from the airport….hold up rewin…. Did I mention I am terrified of flying now? Yep officially I am chicken and my heart sits on my throat the entire trip! Remi kept trying to calm my ass but Omo…I was two blinks away from crying! Aint scared of dying …just don’t want to go out like a punk! Pardon me for digressing. Eh hen….so we drove to Babiluwe’s crib and chilled there for a bit. I was hungry again! Damn! Never mind the fact that Remi bought me breakfast at the Airport o! We had an early lunch at Queensway! FYI…If you are hiding or there is a warrant for your arrest, please do not go to Queensway! The POPO are waiting outside to scoop your ass and word is INS is putting their office across the street! I mean the hell? Errrybody and their ancestors be up in that micky flick! una no get pot? Yet I digress again! Ok so after eating like famine was coming, Babiluwe drove me down to Owings Mills to chill with my Ace Mo. I gisted with Moji and her visitors from Jand for a polite minute and I went to sleep! I was up till 3:30am talking on the phone! Bisola Oshipitan….loose my number!

At about 7pm, I realize I need to get ready for the wedding, Bunmi’s family is very popular so it’s going to be a memorable Rara. I drove Moji’s car down to the party (45 minutes away!) Remi and Babs were already there and I saw all my MD peeps. It was a beautiful ceremony. Folks were looking VICIOUS in their trads! It was food galore and lots of eye candy…if you catch my drift! My brother in-law was in the building and I did not even know he was coming, he sprayed me money…and I did not even dance! Hehehehe. So I did my mingling for about 2 hours and congratulated the newlyweds and I was outtie. Very nice wedding, well organized and entertaining. Bunmi and Segun…yall have a happy life and plenty babies!!


PICTURES!!!!


How about I got a ticket? Yes o, apparently, I parked in a bad spot and they gave me a $50 ticket! Moji is going to have a seizure when her anal, law abiding ass sees this ri-hurr!

Moji and I went to Jesus House B’more on Sunday, it was a nice service as usual and I got to see Seyi Oresegun and her beautiful son! Shame on me for not visiting first! Elisa joined Moji and I at Gertrude’s Bistro for lunch and we spent the next couple hours at the Baltimore Art Gallery….hate to toot my own horn (who am I kidding? No I don’t) but those artist have nothing on me! In my opinion Dali was high when he did his works and Picasso just made a bunch of mistakes and called it art! I sat on the Buddha exhibit and Elisa started casting out demon! LOL. We had an absolute blast. Ok so I forgot my memory card so we had to use Elisa’s 0.0000007 megapix ancient 1922 camera!

I made obe buka for dinner and Moji forced us to eat at the table! Tobi (Elisa’s man) joined us for dinner then we watched Flavor Flav!!! I am sickened by the fact that I enjoy this show so much! Please tell me why NewYork reminds me of this chick I know! I aint mentioning any names either!

So we all crashed at like 1am, only to get up at 5am and drive to Elisa’s house! Tobi took me to the airport. It took us about 1hour 45 minutes to get there…I sooo do not miss MD!
I nearly missed my flight but Remi checked me in already so I was able to make it! Dayo scooped Remi and I from the airport and I did not get to my office till 11am...what else is new? I had fun this weekend mehn!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator