<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Been gone for a minute
I haven’t been inspired to blog of late, partly because nothing interesting comes to mind but also because I have been in and out of a FUNK!


Pissed like hell today! This hasn’t been my day at all! I was in the best moods yesterday but today it went down the drain when I got another ticket this morning…I mean so what if I parked in the handicapped spot? We don’t have no handicapped MOFOs in my building! Plus I have on heels that prevents me from walking long distances, that’s got to count as handicap right? The messed up part is that I have been parking there from Day 1 so why today? That’s another $100 down the damn drain! Lord please help me help myself and follow little rules so I do not put my self in such a funk! Amen.



So yesterday I hit the jackpot, omo if you have Sprint, invest in the monthly insurance, its sooooo worth it. Finally after waiting patiently but anxiously, I received my PPC 6700 in the mail! Omo that phone is sweet! I went by the sprint store to give them even more hell and they swapped my old palm one phone for the Treo 650!!! I was on cloud nine….the little things that make me happy! Aight so now I have both my lines working and two Bunz phones to go with it! My name is Bola and I am a certified PIMP!!! Turns out the only thing I know how to use on this extremely complicated phone is the SMS messaging crap, so I decide to text everybody I could remember their number just to say hey! HEHEHEEH Omobolanle find a freaking hobby! So I told Dupe and Remi I can’t talk to them anymore because their phones suck! Buhahahahaha
You know I had to call Mo and gloat, it was fun man!



***side track*** Yetunde, everyday I pray for the kind of patience that you have because you continue to blow my mind with your wisdom and tolerance for blatant BS! May God continue to help you….........and me too***end of side Track***.



But I digress… eh hen….See me see wahala o! I dropped Omolayo off at the bus stop with the other kids and I decide to wait till he bus comes then head back home. My shameless car started making noise; you know that screeching sound from a bad fan belt? Any way some bratty little rug rat was like “ewww what is that noise” Omolayo turned beet red, and gave me the look like ‘Oh hell na” I changed my gear to park and the noise stopped then the same kid rolled her eyes and said ‘Thank God’ I swear if her mama was not standing there.....so help me God. So I had to move for oncoming traffic and the screeching continued “The kids start laughing and said “not again!”. Omolayo walked to my car and said “mummy you are embarrassing me, please turn off your AC” Eya…my poor kid! Yall know my ass has no shame, shuuu I don fixed that mess twice already, and that noise does not really bother me but Mehn I just disgraced my Princess O! That’s it we are going to Auto Zone this weekend!



Big ups to Vicky, she had a baby! Yup Fickitoria of Raleigh gave birth to a baby boy! 10 lbs 4 ounces!


I am on strike from my Malboro job; they screwed up my check so I am not working till they fix it! It’s hard though because I miss my crew which has increased btw, my goal is to get the attention of the Equal Opportunity Employment advocates who for a change will challenge the fact that there are too many Nigerians on staff! HEHEHEHEHE that will be a good one! But seriously…. I need to teach them a lesson…Don’t ever mess with the Queen B’s Dough..she might cut ya!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator