<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Friday, August 25, 2006

What type of man do you want to marry?
Funmi sent me this email this morning and I was ROTFLMAO!!! Apparently this is how Naija babes answer the same question when asked at different stages of their lives! Where do you fall? Buhahahaha



Question: What type of man do you want to marry?

6 years old: I want to marry a Prince like in little mermaid and we will live
happily ever after


13 years old: I want to marry Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan


18 year old: I want to marry a guy that is tall, dark and handsome. My pref stats are 6ft 3, big upper body, toned abs, strong legs and with looks that will give Tyson Beckford a run for his money


21 year old: I want to marry a young and rich professional preferably a doctor, lawyer or an Investment banker. He shouldn’t speak with an accent, that’s a no-no, he should be classy, “he should respect and appreciate me as a strong black woman” more blah blah..


24 year old: Same as 21 but with more feminine BS

Ladies and Gentlemen, we now have the decline


27 year old: I want a responsible Yoruba (insert tribe here) man with a decent job or at least a bright future preferably with no kids.


30 year old: I want a God fearing man and Im open to all races. God created all of us in his own image anyways


32 year old: I just want a man. Any man!!!


36 year old: I just need a kid. Can someone please impregnate me?


40 year old: This is a wicked world. I’m going to adopt


50 year old: I just want to live long. What was your question again?



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator