<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend
This weekend was great I mean the hell? It started kinda weird cause Friday my babies all came over, it was a family reunion. Daddy, mummy and three of our 4 kids (Dayo, Me, Dammy, Lolade and Omolayo, Oyinade was working) Early this summer all our kids were in different countries on vacation so it was nice to have them back. I swear I really missed yall! How about my baby girl Dammy got a new car! Yep…sure did, my Honda at that…I would hate except we will be cruising that sucka together Orlando her we come!!!!

So anyway they came by and I decided I was going to call off work, problem is I suck at lying!! I called our new boss and told her I just got pulled over by a cop and my car was being impounded because it’s unsafe to drive…small problem, I realized after I hung up that I made the call from my home phone! Yepa!!!
Anyway we hung out and bonded like back in the day! Muah to my Play family! I love yall!!!

On Saturday my old Marlboro boss wanted to throw himself a send off party! @$&^#)(# (don’t ask!) He wanted to bar hop and go down the entire strip of Glenwood Ave. I invited Remi, Dammy and Lolade, Dayo invited a few other folks and it was on.
Prior to Saturday I was in a bit of a funk but OMO I had major fun, as in we ended up in this one joint called Aura, my boss paid for us all to get in. I ordered three drink at the same time…I did a shot of tequila with Bode (this girl is psycho!!! Knows how to have fun), downed my Midori and sipped on my Long Island Iced tea the rest of the night! The best part…cost me nine bucks!! I swear I can’t drink for squat; I was NOIIIICEEE after the Midori.

One Oyinbo boy kept stalking me…ahem for the 10th time I do not like milk in my coffee…thank u much! LOL Besides if my Voltron catch you…wo!
Everyone had a blast, especially me! I can’t dance for shit but once I am nice…you can’t get me to sit down. Omolayo has been teaching us the Motorcycle dance and we put it to the test….damn I had fun!!!! Remi we have got to schedule 5 more of these outings before you get married starting next Saturday!

Sad part of all this is I don’t have pictures, I swear there were lots of Kodak moments, but my Camera was not charged. I even got this one dude to take our picture, I hope he emails it!

Okay I must confess, I fapped a pack of cigarette from this Oyinbo boy, he begged Dupe and I to dance with his friend who was celebrating his birthday…so I was justified abi? Ok I feel bad but I was out damit and they don’t sell them at the bar!

We will miss you Rami...you were the coolest boss ever!

Sunday we went to church and then over to Seyi's crib to see his Pop, I had that man rolling. I spent the rest of the afternoon at Ashandys, Fola and Shade are a really gross couple to be around, they feed each other and shit and kept kissing like I wasnt even there! I hate the Jinadus!!!
Stopped by Remi's really quick then headed home! Another week begins!!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator