<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Tuesday, August 15, 2006

This past weekend
What a weird MD trip, as in I usually have a blast when I go to MD but my girl fashied me! I dropped Remi off and headed to Owings mills to see Moji, she had made other plans since it took me so long to get there and she jabo-ed me! Saturday morning I slept in, tired as hell! I met up with Aunty Tokunbo and she left me her kids. We headed to BWI to scoop Omolayo and Morenike. The initial plan was for my sister to drive them down but she decided to put them on the plane alone! Molayo was freaking out!
Morenike and Molayo were dressed alike, my sister likes wahala sha!! My poor baby was burnt! Omo no more Island vacation for you o!! As in so crispy she made Femi look light skinned!!!!! Buhahahaha
I had four girls between ages 5 and 7! I was loosing my mind at the airport! Ahem I don’t like kids remember? I had an instant headache. We did McDonalds’ and I could not get them to SHUT UP!!!. I was going to take them to the movies but my head was pounding like Whoa! Well that and the fact that I could not reach my baby all day long…very unusual, I was freaking out! Bukky came to hang out with me at Moji’s house, we watched some Nigerian movie, while the girls were upstairs screaming at the top of their lungs. Bukky gave me drugs for my head ache, I switched off my phone and I fell asleep.
I woke up and the girls were missing, as in I did not hear squat, Bukky was gone and Moji’s mum was fast asleep! Mo daran! I looked around and I knocked on Moji’s roomate’s door only to find them sleeping on her floor! Awww how cute..Thanks Jennifer!
It was almost time to scoop aunty Funmi from the Airport. She was flying in tonight. I packed the kids in the car and we headed out to Dulles. My sister called me mid way to tell me that Aunty Funmi had missed her flight and she wasn’t getting in till the morning. I took Tope and Dammy back home it was almost Midnight. One of those 4 brats had peed in my back seat! I suspect Dammy because she is the youngest!

I took Morenike and Molayo back to Moji’s crib. Moji had a wedding today and she did not take me! Mo, you hurt my feelings! Still no word from my boo, I switched from angry to worry! I slept off around 4 am. Sunday morning I rushed to The airport to scoop Aunty funmi, Moji and the girls came along for the ride. I finally got to talk to my baby, I threw a tantrum that he had me worried, then felt bad afterwards and apologized. I got pulled over in DC for making a turn on RED! Omo, wan sa si awon olopa yi ni? Na wetin, I told the dude to hurry cause I am gioing somewhere, he came back….no ticket! Yipeee? Are you convinced yet that I am highly favored?

Aunty Funmi was tired. We gisted about so many things, I wish we had more time cause I know this lady will not have my time in Naija. She still had the ability to inspire me, she is so freaking smart it’s unbelievable. I shared my ideas and she seemed genuinely interested. We went to her friend’s house and ate then I headed to Moji’s house to shower! Omo it was like 5pm and I was stinking! I scooped Aunty Funmi and took her back to her hotel in Vienna! Omo if only they had frequent driver miles! I would be loaded. We stooped by Bab’s to scoop Remi and we headed back to NC. I was mad tired…did not get home till 4am…needless to say…I am Bola and there is no way in hell, I am going to work on Monday!


Queen B

Morenike, Molayo and Yanju

Yanju and Morenike

Molayo and Morenike Posted by Picasa



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator