<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, August 07, 2006

Text Messaging Etiquette

I was reading this article on the web today that triggered this topic for me. Apparently there is Proper Etiquette to texting as there should be! I personally know a lot of MOFOS that did not get this memo; they were missing a few things so I decided to compile my own list!

http://www.wirelessdevnet.com/newswire-less/thefeature04.html

  1. Do not text me anonymously….hello I aint psychic, I don’t know who the hell you are!
  2. Do not send a text so long that you have to send another text to continue…omo that one na email na!
  3. Do not text me the same message more that once? Uhhh….I got it the first time!
  4. Do not assume the role of REV RUN and text me an inspirational spam text each day using up my monthly text allowance! (Dupe that mean you!)
  5. Do not use abbreviations I am not familiar with (No..... I did not know S-dy means Sunday or that l8r means later, I honestly thought it was a typo!
  6. Do not respond to my text with a phone call! Hello…….. If I wanted to talk to your monkey ass, I would’ve called!
  7. Do not read my messages! This should be #1! Da hell? Omo, I won’t read yours don’t read mine! Folks are nosey as fuck and they want to scroll through your shit like it’s a magazine…newsflash! Private!!!
  8. Do not send me Fwds on my phone! Ha!!! You smoke gbana? As if I don’t get enough Fwds in my 4 emails, just turn my damn phone to Spamville!
  9. (I strongly agree with this one from the list on the link) Be aware of your tone. It is extremely difficult to discern tone in text messages, just as in e-mail. What seems to you to be a completely innocuous message may be grossly misinterpreted by the recipient, causing certain discomfort if not irreparable harm.
  10. (This one is for Sprint PCS) Do not charge me $15 par monthly for unlimited text messages after you don told my ass it was free! Now that is so not cool!!




The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator