<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My baby sis is 17 today!!!!!




Happy Birthday Oyin!!!!

Omokayinsola Mojoyinola Oyinmoladun Odegbami!!!! My little sister is 17 today! Wow just like that? I remember when you were born! I remember you eating peanut butter from the jar with a spoon! I remember Gbemi and I forgetting to pick you up from daycare! I remember you putting relaxer all over your face and one side of your hair! I remember you crying when we teased you! Damn I remember when you told me last summer that you had a boyfriend! I remember almost having a stroke! My, my, my now my baby sis is 17! How time flies. This girl takes more pictures than me and Moji combined! she even takes pictures of herself! Now thats sick!
Oyin mehn I love you infinity! I love everything about you, I loved that you are different from the rest of our clan; quiet, reserved and patient. I still hate on you for taking all the Bakasi from mummy and leaving us with Nasattal and how come we all look like Daddy and got his monster forehead but you look exactly like mummy! I am so jealous!!! On this day and always, I pray you have peace like a river, I pray God embarrasses you with his grace, I pray HE orders your steps and directs your path, I pray that all of your dreams will manifest according to God’s grace. I pray that you find love…. the unconditional kind; till you do, be patient my dear cause when it comes…it is soooo worth it! I wish I could be there with you today but big sis got to earn that $$$$ you know so I can pay you back (hehehehe)
Keep on sis, your future is florescent! Posted by Picasa



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator