<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Thursday, August 10, 2006

L D R
Long distance relationship and the extra effort it takes.


Omo….I am the # 1 cynic when it comes to dating from a distance, as in, love concurs a lot but Damn that shit is hard!!! I always play cupid, hook folks up all over the damn country and play chaperone until the training wheels come off and for the most part I have been successful, must be the natural marketer in me. HEHEHE

Lots of my single friends share my view on the chances of success especially when distance is a major obstacle. I have been in a couple LDR myself and the first one …shit we would have been better off at a distance! The second one well…leef tory!


The way I see it, it can sooo work, it will just take a little extra effort.
The phone calls.
The text messages
The emails
The Web Cam…get yalls mind out the gutter!


And just making a conscious effort to keep your loved one in the loop at all times.
I know for me I need to hear from my man at least once a day, so I don’t have thoughts creeping in my mind and it has nothing to do with trust either. When you are not there to see for yourself anything can happen. It’s like leaving your goods unattended in a market full of hungry Mofos!


So a few of my girlfriends are major players in the LDR game. Between the Airfare, the time off work, the phone cards!! OMO if that aint dedication I don’t know what is.
There is the advantage of getting to know a person though, as in really knowing them!


Can they keep you stimulated? Do you run out of things to say?
I mean face it, even if you are not intimate…yet, being in the same area code has it advantages, and requires less effort. You can sleep and still spend time together, watch a movie, just being in the same environment very little words yet a lot of quality time. With LDR you have to be consistent in your communications and use words at all time either verbal or written, plus, be conscious of how your words are perceived in the absence of body language and eye contact. You’ve got a good thing if it’s effortless, if you can’t wait to talk with them or if you are dying to get the next message…. If that’s your story…then you are good.
When you finally do hook up…there is a lot of catching up to do…hehehe!


So is it worth it? The hassle…The insecurity, The unknown… Really is it? I don’t know bout you but for me….. Absofuckinglutely!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator