<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I've got food on my mind!
Busola and I were chatting and she was telling me how gross I was for sending her the “Is it chicken?” email that has been going around. Pictures and a rumor that Chinese restaurant really serve rat and not chicken…Dodo!!! whatever the hell it is, taste good as shit! So I told Bussy to stop fronting, she know her ass was chowing down some bush meat in her Ibadan days! Hate to break it to you love but NEWS FLLLASSSHHH!!!! Bush Meat = Rat!
So anyway I told her that image 9 looks hell of good right about now, with some Amala and Ogbono! Awww Six!!! I taste that mess too! Hmmm
Busola told me she’d pass on the Bushmeat/Rat or whatever other alias I choose to give it but she will really love some Iya ope right about now!

Ohhh weee!!!

Let me tell you about all of my favorite naija food joint! I too like food I swear!

# 1 on the list…Thelma I know you feel me…..Amala from phase II
My girl Thelma and I ate here at least 5 times a week!


#2 Ghana High!!! Good GAWD! My uncle’s office was down the street and I visited him biweekly for 2 reasons; the 2k naira cab fair I got and the Ghana High rice he got his secretary to buy me every visit!


#3 Damn, the name of this aunty escapes me but back in the day mehn! Shopping at Tejuosho market was not complete till I stopped by this spot…Aunty Kemi Yep..that it....thats what’s up!!! Hell of good!! OMG, I need a bib!


#4 Bisola, Fisayo, Dele Aluko and Lolu Phillips can attest to the awesomeness of the lafu they served at one spot in Ibadan! Yall remember that spot in my school (Ibadan Poly) where I love to eat? I would psyche dele up and get him to drive me out there! Dele was the only Mofo in our mix with a car! Buhahahaha yall should have seen this car too! And we’d all stack up in it like Sardines and drive down to Poly for grub! Damn the good old days.


#5 Shitta Amala!!! Infact it’s a wrap! This is the # 2 Amala joint, I always made a detour here every time I braided my hair at Surulere. Yep Twins was the braiding spot and Amala Shitta was the after party!


#6 How can I forget the rice Ofada in my villa? My mum’s folks are from Sango Otta, my grandma still lives there and every time I went there to visit, I would eat at this joint by the rail road tracks Mean ass ofada rice with obe buka no one can top! Favorite meat…Pumo! In fact I remember vividly when my mum sent me to Naija in 92 (God bless you for doing that mummy…Muah) fresh off the plane to my Villa, my grandmother did this whole elaborate meal crap and I saw a girl hawking Ofada rice from that spot! Omo, I bought her whole tray, paid her in $$! Best meal to date!


There are many more but these are my top six…..what I don did now? I am even more hungry!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator