<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Thursday, August 31, 2006

I had a really Happy Birthday!

So yesterday was my birthday
Woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
Phone going bananas!
Molayo prayed…”I know what you want mummy and I know God will give it to you!”
Sent Molayo off to school
Spoke with Mumsy…lots of prayers
Jumped in the shower
Jumped out when cell went off….. thought it was Boo
It was Remi’s mum….more prayers….at least 45 minutes worth!
Jumped back in the shower
Got to work late
Finally spoke with Boo…feeling better
Got my Juicy bag! Thanks Sis
Got an Arden B shirt….been feening for it for months!
Got my phone…I hate it!
Got a facial…..Muah Dayo!!
Punch Bowl Set…Huh? Love you Shandy!!!
3 Cakes…damn I’m special! Dammy luff you loads!!
Still in a funk!
Co workers took me out to eat…bought cake and balloons!
Talk to Boo some more!
Got really strange emails!
Headed home, just wanted to sleep
Dayo's coming over.
Remi kept calling me!
Why? Heifer leef me jo!
She says she misses me! Remi garishoes!!
Ade calls me, insists I come to bible study…for why now?
Says she’s running late and I need to hold it down.
Reluctantly..... I go.
Ran into Bode, invited her to Bible study
So it’s me Bode and Sister Karen…and the kids
As we say the grace, folks start rolling in
I mean everybody!
I was wondering what the hell was going on.
Dupe, funmi, denrele, lolade, dayo, dammy dammy’s brother, oyinade, ashandy, femi, dewunmi, rami, Kelly, deji, bode, Victoria, Jennifer and Mummy.....then I saw Remi! Fell straight out! Da hell? This heifer is not due back till Friday; she went out of town on business! I spoke with her an hour ago! Oh hell!
Then I saw the cake!
And the rice!
And the drinks!!!!
Yall gonna make me cry…It was a surprise party!!!! With all my favorite People!!!! AWWW… I love yall!
Dupe and I went out for drinks afterwards with the Marlboro crew! A very happy Birthday indeed!
Oyinade…what you did was so special and meant a lot to me, I know you were just playing but it really touched me and that is just one of the hundreds of reasons I love you!
Thank you all for putting this together, the first surprise party that I was actually surprised!

MORE PICTURES



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator