<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, July 17, 2006

Wey your particulars
Please alert the media! I got pulled over Sunday night, yep the POPO don caught up with my law breaking, traffic violating ass! I was minding my business going to my house jejely, ran out of smokes so I had to drive out for some MLNM (Marlboro Lights Non Menthol). As I was inhaling my last drag, I heard a siren and turned around…Wahla there was the POPO. Apparently dude had followed me from the gas station up the street! Here I am 60 seconds from my crib and I get pulled over. Its official, I am going to jail, I thought to myself considering the numerous offences I would be charged with. Expired tags…since August 05, MD tags even though I have been living in NC since March of 04, missing rear view mirror ( Omolayo ripped it out), broken windshield ( a rock hit it in motion), tail lights out, headlights out, no insurance and then just plain driving in the filth I call a car! Thoughts of the cell I’d have to sleep in filled my mind as the white Al roker lookalike approached my vehicle. He smiled like he won the lottery and told me it was getting dark so I should turn on my head lights, then he asked me if I stayed around here, I told him I lived in MD and I was just visiting, then he asked me how long I was here for blah blah crap! I kept smiling like a fool cause I did not want him to ask me for my registration. He handed me his card and told me to call him when next I’m in town! Hen Say Kini? Were did you not get the memo/ I hate the POPO!!! I still haven’t recovered from the 2 tickets yall gave me last year, a day apart for driving 40 miles an hour! So what if it’s a school zone! Bombaclot! He finally said good night and I was outtie. Officer Clyde…pucker up and kiss my royal behind!
Sunday sermon was deep man, it was about grace and how unnatural phenomena’s aka miracles happen to you by God grace. How things that are not logical become the norm in our lives, I was tuned in. Amen to that. I wish you Grace that will blow your mind!
Okay so Remi and Ade came over my crib, I cooked rice and we ate, they both embarrassed the hell out of my but its all good! Payback is a biach!!!
Remi wanted to go swimming so we went to get suits. Denrele and I did not get in the pool, we aint messing up our hair no Sir!! I sat at the edge of the pool and then we layed out on the bench and got our tan on. Later in the evening we rolled to Asandy’s crib, please tell me why that heifer cooked Egusi…Ijebu style with panla, fuku, isan and turkey all panashukwing in the pot! Omo it was on!!! I made eba and ate in silence; it was one hell of good! The others had pounded yam, I ate a bit of that too! Omobolanle you greedy sha kai!! We gisted and then we made our leave…I slept great!





Posted by Picasa



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator