<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, July 10, 2006

I miss my baby!!!
Omolayo is in Michigan for the Summer! Yes o the whole summer! 60 days, 1440 hours, 86400 seconds before I see my baby girl! I dont know how my folks survived sending me to Naija for 6 years O! kai!! I am actually getting physically sick from missing her, we talk every day but its not helping! I have closed her bedroom door so I wont see her stuff when I pass by! Booohooo Poor me! I dont know what I was thinking, I know she is in good hands, my sister is a soccer mum for life, they go swimming and skating and watch PG movies and all that other foolishness I cant be bothered with. Next week they are going to Jamaica for twoo weeks! Omo me sef never been to Jamiaca so why am I tripping? It will be good for her right? She is having fun sha, she calls me and tells me about her activities for the day.

On Friday, I was not feeling very hot, I was supposed to scoop Remi and Asandy and go out but, I did not feel like the 25 minutes drive to their house so I just crashed. I had a seminar to attend on Saturday so I was up early, I went to the salon afterwards to get my do did. I spend another 4 hours there, still miserable, I called Omolayo twice but no one picked up. Denrele and I hit the mall afterwards and I made sure I stuck to the budget, it was painfull because Vicky's had a huge sale! We all hung out at Femi/Dewunmi's crib till about midnight!

Babs was in town so we all went out to Pei Wei to have lunch after church on Sunday, I really wanted to eat at Mongolian grill, where you get to cook your own meal but I was out voted so I settled for my usual Asian Coconut Curry. We had a great time.

Gbemi and Bode came over and we cooked beans, Egusi and Efo, and turkey stew, I was sharing some of my domestic skills with them. Dayo came over and we went to the movies, we saw Sentinnel or is it Centinnel? Some shit like that sha, with 'my babe if I were gay chick' Eva Longoria. Bode and Gbemi were at my crib till midnight, I was tired as hell!

I had a dream that Princess O came home early....if the girl was here now we'd be fighting o, but I still miss her sha!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator