<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hmmm
There are lots of things that make me go hmmm lately. There is a very unnatural phenomenon occurring in my life these days. I cant stop smiling, I stay at work really late, not cause I am working but because I am day dreaming, I really feel like I am being punked! Remi spent the night the other day and I tortured her with my theory and she suspects its a conspiracy...hmmm, I guess only time will tell.

Please tell me why my ass almost got fired from my Marlboro job! I was supposed to work and I had no idea, I was chilling with Remi watching videos, Dupe called me but Remi was on my phone so I missed her call, I called Dupe back and got her voice mail. At about midnight Dupe called me again....yeparipa!!! Okay, I was home doing Jack Shit, so why did I not go to work? I soooo did not know I was on the schedule. My boss was livid but we kissed and made up, I am back in the running for employee of the year!! Yay!!!

Gbemi has my phone O, since Sunday...na wetin? Ok.... Tonight I will drive to Gbemi's crib and get my phone. I don't even miss the piece of crap sef, I am so engrossed with this phenomenon that nothing even matters! ***Note to self*** Stop smiling like an idiot and get some work done!
Okay so I got the most pleasant wake up call this morning, too bad I was on my way out and I couldn't cake. Best caking time *** Early MO MO or late at night*** makes your day and seals your evening....hehehe!!!

I am in love with my hair...Is that possible? Well it is now! I just got this new hair cut, its a lot shorter than what I was going for but I absofukinglutely love it, and my color is growing on me too.

I spoke with Omolayo, she is having mad fun and I am hating! I scolded her for not calling me yesterday! The hell "I am your mummy dammit" I couldn't see her but I am pretty sure she was rolling her eyes! She reminded me that she was going to Jamaica on Friday. Omo make them no steal my Princess O from me o!! Sis... guard my child with your life or else!!!

Remi and I were going over her wedding details last night, I cant believe its only 4 months away!! O and guess what yall...I am a bridesmaid!!! Ade is the Maid of Honor but its all good, I am learning to accept it. "Ade...I Omobolanle will resist the urge to step on your dress on D day, I will not mix shaving powder in your hair dress as I had planned so you will be bald for the wedding, I will not accidentally poor red kool aid on your dress and I will not spray you down with a water gun right after you get your make-up done. This is my solemn vow" I have decided to recite this and get it in my huge but still sexy forehead.

Dupe used me last night, she had me cook her Asaro and she said she would join me and help me with it, the heifer showed up 2 hours later, food cooked, dishes washed later o! Then she had the nerve to say it tasted bland....Well it sorta did sha! But seriously I am sick and tired of both Dupe and Seyi using me for there catering needs!!! They know I like to cook so they pretend to enjoy my company!!!

Got to go now...be back later



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator