<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The fun started for me on Thursday. Toyosi was in town so we went to Dinner and caught a movie. On Friday we all hung out at Bogarts, I love that place, food sucks but the music is great and the crowd is civil. Busola came into town Friday but I was out so we did not see till Saturday, I met up with her at the hotel to have breakfast. Please tell me why I showed up in buddie shorts and a tight tee and Busola was sitting with all our friends’ parents! Yall know our Naija parents and how they are about covering up your goodies! I ate in silence. They were cool about it sef, one aunty even had on miss sixty capris and halter top…Ok kkk! I saw my girl Fela and her husband after like uhhhmmm 2 years! Fela and I used to work together at Comcast back in the day. I left and headed home to get ready for the wedding, it started at 11am but I already decided, I wasn’t going to church so I took a quick nap. Dami and I decided to go together, yall know that’s my side kick and second born, I miss LP mehn! I would have forced her Tomboy ass into a dress too! I ditched the whole Trad runs, no one around to do my gale so we wore dresses.
Dayo and Toyosi were going to meet us at the wedding. We arrived a little after 4pm and I was hungry as hell (what else is new?) I fixed myself a plate and mingled with all my folks. My cousins were in the house sef, I had no idea they were coming. Remi, Denrele and the Banjizzy’s had left by the time I arrived. I left the wedding early and we hung out at Dayo’s crib. We were going to MD so I hurried to scoop Molayo from Ashandy’s, there was some birthday party next door she was attending.
We rented a minivan because Busola and Remi were joining Toyosi, Dayo Dammy, Molayo and I.
I slept all the way to MD. OMO I was tired! Dammy drove. We tried to surprise Babalola, How about Remi made me call him that I was dropping something at 4am o! hmm, the poor boy was sleeping and trying hard to be polite. When we got there I told him to come open the back door but he came outside instead and dummas Remi was waiting in the back. I started looking for whatever it is I was supposed to be dropping. Babalola did not make it easy; he kept following me around the van as I looked for nothing! I got frustrated and told him Remi was in the back waiting. He was all smiles! AWWW how cute! Lovers make me sick!!! I ruined the surprise but I am sure that had a great night! HEHEHEHE
So we got lost like hell in DC after we dropped Dammy, I mean like for 2 hours trying to get to college park. We finally checked in the hotel at about 6am. I slept like it was going out of style.
My sister wanted me to get her some stuff for Yanju’s birthday so I was up at about 11am. We grabbed breakfast and I was off to Bowie, I dropped Molayo off with my sister and her cousins and I went back to the hotel to get dressed. LA came to the party with Dayo, Remi, Toyosi and I at some Remote Ranch where the kids went horse back riding and played with hay. Omo, my name is Bola, I am black, I am from Egba and I aint getting on no damn Horse! We held it down on the picnic table though. The kids came back sweating and smelling like manure, aii yall running nose brats back off! No hugs from Aunty Bola! Uncle Timi and Uncle Yemi were in the building.

We went back to the hotel to get ready, Mo was supposed to pick us up to hand out with some of my friends in DC but her dad had her on lock down so I told her to meet us there. How about NEPA took light because of the storm! We sat in the hotel room hot as hell. E came by briefly to say hello to me. Damn I miss MD. After getting lost forever in DC (Yes O…I lived in DC area most of my life and I still get lost!) we called it a night and hung out at TGIF.
We headed back to NC at about 12 midnight, scooped Remi and ditched Dammy apparently she was having mad fun. I talked Toyosi into Driving the first couple hours and I caught a quick nap. I drove the rest of the way home and everyone in the van was fast asleep!
Remi scooped me from home Monday morning, we ran wedding errands and then I cooked a big pot of stew with pumo, shaki, isan, goat and beef, Denrele fried Dodo and we all ate. Shade, Asandy, Dayo and Toyosi joined us and we went to the movies to see the Devil wears Prada. ***Sidetrack***Please, will somebody please buy me a Marc Jacobs bag! I had a dream about it and my birthday is coming up, I want it in red or teal thanks!! ***End sidetrack***

I miss my Molayo so much! I called her all day and did not get to speak with her, the hell? I mean why is she not demanding somebody calls her Mum?! Remi, Asandy and Denrele laughed at me for being miserable! Omolayo…I miss you booo! I love you infinity!
On Tuesday we drove to the beach, it was maaaddddd fun! I mean besides the fact that Remi tried to drown me more than once and I actually liked it. I layed out and pretended I was getting a tan; I changed 3 times because I hate the feel on sand on my body…weird huh? Well I am from Wasimi and we have rivers there! Too bad toyosi left early she would have gotten to see the water do OMO! LOLOLOLO…inside joke. I swear we looked lik AYAMATANGA afterwards our hair had kinked up and we were Ashy as hell. I will not be publishing those photo eww…well…maybe one!
As if all this was not enough fun for my ass, I went to a get together my Marlboro Boss was having…..I missed it, stayed for a bit and headed home!
Bananas won't do, this was a fantabulous weekend!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator