<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Thursday, July 20, 2006

By His Grace
Last Sunday I heard a sermon about Grace and how is often not deserved but with God’s grace you can achieve so much and I have always known I had Grace but that doesn’t take the thrill away each time something great happens to me, I am in constant awe at how favored I am.
Earlier this week I had a meeting with my boss, a meeting he had been trying to schedule for a couple weeks now but I was too busy to keep. We finally met up and he went over my annual review. To my surprise I did extremely well in all areas. He started by telling me that I tend to intimidate people to want to do what I ask, I force my priorities on others while maintaining a professional disposition. I am assertive and take complete ownership of all tasks. The only time senses frustration from me is when I can’t get feedback according to my timing. He finished with “And that’s what great leaders are made of” I was overwhelmed with his assessment of me. I mean damn! What I thought should be flaws turned out to work in my favor, if that’s not Grace, I don’t know what is. So I have been invited to an appreciation Luncheon! Yes o, I get an award for kicking ass; apparently I scored the highest in my division! Oh and I get a raise too! God loves me O!!!
I worked Monday and Tuesday night, tired as hell but I still had energy to cake before finally dosing at about 3am.
Last night, I treated myself to Chinese from around my way, I have decided to cut back on eating out but I deserved a treat. They had a live band next door so I sat outside and chilled for a bit. Seyi and Dupe came over to chill for a bit and we watched The Hill on MTV. I woke up feeling like shit this morning, my eyes were swollen and gooey, I looked at the time and it was 9:30am!! The hell…I did not set my alarm so I overslept I promised my co-worker I’d bring him some curry chicken so I was cooking rice at 10am imagine? I finally made it in by 11am! The weird part about it was no one seemed to care! I really have to start getting here earlier.
I have been so preoccupied lately that I haven’t been consistent in with my blogging…I got an email yesterday from 2 people demanding to know why I did not blog…HHEHEHE! Okay o…no vex, I go dey try.
Hey …..I am thinking about enabling my comments again….its seems Anonymous has found a daytime job so I am no longer on her list of to do, even the text has stopped , that’s too bad, I was just starting to enjoy them.



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator