<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Saturday, July 29, 2006

And then came Saturday......
Earlier today, I had done a little housekeeping, cooked a bit, caked a bit and tried to keep Remi and Babs entertained…NOT. Remi and I went to some shop around the way to do our dids. Dupe, Funmi and Seyi dropped by briefly.
Tomi is moving to Florida! Miami to be precise and Dupe is throwing her this send off shindig tonight. The plan was to go to the mall to get her going away gift but I made a quick detour to Belk to visit my beloved bag! Yes! dreams do come true and if you loved me you would get me my latest obsession… Juicy Couture Lambskin Jane Satchel! Hey my birthday is coming up naw!!!! There was my baby sitting pretty on the self, waiting for me to holla (you gonna wait a while too!) still looks the same not a damn thing’s changed since the other 15 times I had been to visit! Ok back to reality, let me go find my going away gift jare!

Stacy wanted to hang out with me, I am not much for Oyinbo kinda hang out were you drink to stupor and flash the bartender…no sir, I am more a sit down absorb the music, smoke my boro and vibe kinda hang out so I compromised and brought her around my folks. I already decided that I wasn’t going to eat; I will jejely order me some sweet tea and mingle, I had never been to the joint but since its Tomi’s pick, I am leaving my check card at home! That heifer is high maintenance! Besides I don’t eat where I can’t pronounce the items on the menu! Yes O! My name is Bola and I am razz and what?

Everyone was in the building! Let me just say my girl Isla AKA Ade AKA Maid of Honor was repping tonight boi! I mean damn! Denrele on the real I will trade you a pot of obe buka for that top? Loving it ….holla at you girl!

  Posted by Picasa

I am so glad I disabled my comments! Ashandy wouldn’t stop yapping my beads she said I resemble Orisha Bunmi! I hate you Shade! you make me sick! That’s why your ass is Pregnant! Buhahahahaha!!!

Had a lot of fun, apparently there was an after party but my old school ass will have to pass. Tomi darling, good luck with Miami and tell all the PAPIs Queen B says hey!!!

PHOTOS



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator