<$BlogRSDURL$>
Chronicles of a Soldier
Monday, June 26, 2006

Uncle Segun is 50!
Damn my weekend was hot! I mean stressful but hot. I decided to eat Chinese for dinner Friday night, it rained really bad and I left work early, after scooping Princess O from camp, we went to the mall in search for jewelry for one of my girlfriends, ended up shopping for myself; Omolayo was more than frustrated with me. I finally went home at about 9pm. Remi’s mum called me to come to Uncle Segun’s house. I stayed there for another couple hours doing Jack Shit. We all finally left and headed to my house. Uncle Segun was having this huge party so his family and friends were in town. Remi’s mum and Aunt crashed at my crib. On Saturday I went to Seun’s house, she is having her naming ceremony today as well. I played with the boys, Peter and Paul and Praise, then I helped Seun with the party prep and she held me hostage till about 2pm. I headed home to change for her party, I settled for an outfit that made me look like big bird….native is not really my forte but hey. I arrived at the gathering at about 5pm, Dayo boy was just getting there as well so we took the elevator up together, Remi, Ade, Funmi and the rest of the Raleigh crew were getting ready to leave. I quickly got my grub to go and we all headed to the hall for the extravaganza later that night! It was already decorated, nothing left to do, and we lounged there for a bit then headed home.


















Omolayo was spending the night with her friends, so I dropped her off.
At about 10pm, Dupe and Funmi and Dammy came over my crib to get ready for the party; we decided to ride together because no one wanted to drive. Remi’s Aunty hooked up our gale. We arrived at the party a little before midnight; yes o it was an all nighter. Everyone was looking radiant! There was food galore! Yay for me! I sat at a table with familiar faces, across from Dayo girl and Ashandy. We had a hell of a good time, the best Owambe in ages!!! I spent the better part of the evening caking outdoors. I came in later and joined the fun how about some dude asked me for my number, he looked well in his 40s…the hell? omo I do not do geriatric! I told him I had a man and he would be upset if he saw me talking to some dude, but he insisted he should be my man! HAHAHA Naija mehn and their lyrics “I’ll take care of you my dear” ….will somebody please call the police! Somebody got away from assisted living o! HEHEHEHE I served the high table and Bisoye, Baba and Dammy (Uncle Segun’s kids) were clowning me that I wouldn’t get a tip because I screwed their orders up….the hell? But for real I couldn’t be a waitress, I kept forgetting what the asked for!
I took mad pictures of everyone. Remi’s man was in town so she left early but Ade, the Banjizzy and I were there till 6 AM!
The plan was to go to church in the AM but mehn…I was one kind of tired. I slept till about 11:30am, then I woke up cause remi’s Aunt and her friends were leaving and I had to give them directions, after they left I slept some more. Remi’s mum asked me to drive her around, she mentioned fresh fish so I jumped up, showered and we were out, we scooped Dammy on the way. We went to the flea market and then the fish market. We headed down to Remi’s House. I made the fish stew and rice. Funmi, Dupe, Tuoyo Femi, Ade, Shade all came over and we ate and chilled.
How about Wal-Mart is the new hang out spot! Remi’s sister in-law was around so we drove down to Wal-Mart and did not get back till midnight! I feel sorry for myself because I have to work in the morning!!! It was a very nice weekend…for shizzle!














More Pictures!!!!



The Odds are against me but pile up enough Odds and you are Even. The inevitability of my ability to consistently overcome overwhelms me. As do the magnificence of God's grace towards me and mine. I marvel at my proximity to my destiny. I am astounded that Can't, Won't and Later disrupt my journey to greatness. A conscious decision is mine to make and christen them Can, Will and Now! My reflection gazes back at me with another challenge at hand, procrastination hinders my reaching my destination. Don't tell me where I should go till you walk in my shoes. Yesterdays mistakes are for tomorrows amends, yet I ponder on them like the hand of time changes? Mediocrity has become a comfort zone and I have turned obstacles into road-blocks rather than stepping-stones, I find myself compromising my integrity as I try to maintain the status quo. How easy it is to condemn me and defame my character, when you really should commend me, and applaud my efforts. Intimidated by my confidence, you misconstrue it as arrogance, I know who I am.... A strong, black-diamond in the rough, a female soldier, a Queen amongst her peers.. now who the hell are you?

Afrigator